It’s time for the Jedi…to ask trivia questions. This week, we’ve got thirty questions about the 2017 movie, Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Episode VIII was divisive to say the least, but we’ve got to cover all the Star Wars movies, right?
When you’re done with Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trivia, please leave us a comment on social media or Spotify. I love hearing from you all. The feedback helps keep me going. Also, use the quick two-question survey at the bottom to let me know what you thought about today’s episode. Thank you!
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trivia
- Star Wars: A New Hope Trivia
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Trivia
It’s time for the Jedi…to ask trivia questions.
Hey rebels, I’m your host Brian Rollins and this is episode 226 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we’ve got Episode VIII of the Skywalker Saga. Love it or hate it, we’ve got thirty questions.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. A dorky round, a geeky round, and a nerdy round. If you need rules or scorecards, visit DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
One more bit of business before we start, I have an announcement. The show broke 200,000 downloads a few weeks back. That’s an impressive milestone for a little one-man show. Thank you all for listening. I really appreciate you tuning in every week to hear me.
And now, on with the show.
The Dorky Round
- Due to failing health, which Original Star Wars actor was unable to reprise his role?
a. Peter Mayhew. He would pass away in 2019.
- Actress Kelly Marie Tran joins the Star Wars universe as what character?
a. Rose Tico
- Of the original Trilogy actors, who is the first we see in Episode VIII?
a. Carrie Fisher
- What villain doesn’t appear until 16 minutes into the film?
a. Kylo Ren
- Frank Oz returned to Star Wars to voice which character?
- What actor has top billing in Episode VIII?
a. Mark Hamill
- What color is the lightsaber that Luke uses in his fight with Kylo Ren?
- Jimmy Vee takes over the controls of which droid, following the passing of Kenny Baker?
- Princes William and Harry of England have cameos playing what?
- The film is dedicated to who?
a. In loving memory of our princess, Carrie Fisher
The Geeky Round
- Who directed The Last Jedi?
a. Rian Johnson
- The movie was released forty years after what other Star Wars film?
a. Episode IV: A New Hope in 1977
- The final battle of the movie takes place on what planet?
- Finn and Rose visit what casino city?
a. Canto Bight
- What island nation is the real-world filming location for Luke’s home of Ahch-To?
- Who plays the unscrupulous character, DJ?
a. Benecio Del Toro
- Which actor taped down the side of his face for performance capture?
a. Andy Serkis. He wanted to match Snoke’s deformity.
- Who kills Supreme Leader Snoke?
a. Kylo Ren
- How many Academy Awards did Episode VIII receive?
a. Though nominated for four Oscars, it would win none.
- Disney moved the release from May to December to make room for what 2017 action adventure?
a. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
The Nerdy Round
- Who says, “I have a bad feeling about this” in Episode VIII?
a. This one is tricky. It’s said by BB-8 before Poe’s attack on the Dreadnaught
- What starship does Holdo use to destroy the First Order’s ships?
a. The Raddus
- What actress kept making “pew pew” sounds while firing her blaster?
a. Laura Dern
- Who was originally cast for the role of DJ?
a. Joaquin Phoenix
- This is the sixth Star Wars film for which actor who played different roles in each one
a. Warwick Davis
- The Porgs were created to hide what real-world creatures?
a. Puffins. They’re a protected species and could not be removed. So the FX team just porged over them.
- The design of Canto Bight was heavily inspired by which European city?
- What was the first thing writer/director Rian Johnson wrote for the film?
a. The opening text crawl. To be honest, if I was given a shot a writing a Star Wars movie, that’s right where I’d start, too.
- What actor has stated he felt like “basically an accessory”?
a. Anthony Daniels, who plays C-3PO
- What are Luke’s final on screen words?
a. “See you around, kid.”
And that’s it for Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I hope you had fun. The movie is…well it’s a thing and there’s good parts and not so good parts. But it’s more Star Wars and sometimes you just got to relax and enjoy it.
I’ll be back here next Wednesday for another episode, here’s a clue:
What NASA program followed Mercury & Gemini?
Space trivia of a different kind next week. See you back here.
This was episode 226 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The music is by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
The podcast is written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. You can find out what else I’m up to at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.