Make sure your Walkman has fresh Double-A batteries because it’s time to save the Galaxy with the Guardians of the Galaxy trivia. In honor of their new movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 3 hitting theaters this week, I thought it would be the perfect time for thirty trivia questions.
When you’re finished with Guardians of the Galaxy Trivia, take a minute to drop us a note on social media or on Spotify. Share your favorite question, your favorite character, or what episode I should do next. I’m always open to suggestions.
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
- Now Playing Podcast – Guardians of the Galaxy
- Wastelanders: Star-Lord
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Review
More Like This Episode
Make sure your Walkman has fresh Double-A batteries because it’s time to save the Galaxy.
Hey gang, I’m your host Brian Rollins and this is episode 223 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast cast. Can you believe it’s May already? And with May, we get Summer Movies. One of the first of the season is Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3. So, it’s time to do an entire episode on those space scoundrels.
A quick bit of clarification. There are two teams that have used the name. The first from the 1960s and the newer one from 2008. Unless otherwise stated, assume I’m asking about the newer team. Got it?
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. If you need rules or scorecards, visit DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. I’m still playing around with the store. If there’s a particular piece of merchandise you’re looking for, let me know. I’ll see what I can do.
That’s enough business, let’s get on with the show.
The Dorky Round
- Peter Quill prefers to go by which name?
- Which Guardian has mind control and mind reading powers?
- Who plays Peter Quill in the MCU movies?
- What green-skinned assassin was adopted by Thanos?
- Bradley Cooper voices which Guardian?
- Which Guardian appeared in their first issue as just a sprout?
- Who voices Groot in the MCU movies?
Vin Diesel. Fun fact, Diesel is given a special script with Groot’s dialogue translated into English.
- The Guardians feature in what ride in Walt Disney World?
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- The Guardians appeared in what 2022 Disney+ special?
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
- Who plays Gamora in the MCU films?
The Geeky Round
- Of the original members of the Guardians of the Galaxy, which have we not yet seen in the Marvel Movies?
- Which member of the Guardians was first seen in MCU as a post-credits teaser in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2?
- What space station acts as a base of operations for the Guardians?
- What telepathic Soviet Space Dog has been a member of the Guardians?
- What character was created when the spirit of Arthur Douglas was placed into a more powerful body?
Drax the Destroyer
- Flash Thompson joined the Guardians under what moniker?
- Gamora made her first appearance in what comic book title?
Strange Tales back in 1975
- Rocket Raccoon’s name is a nod to a 1968 song from what band?
- In the movie Avengers: Infinity War, which two Guardians survived the “snap”?
Rocket Raccoon & Nebula
- Though an alien in the MCU, which Guardian is a half-Vietnamese/half-German human in the comics?
The Nerdy Round
- The 2008 Guardians first appeared in what comic?
Annihilation: Conquest (Issue #6)
- Original Guardians member Vance Astro goes by what nickname?
- Star-Lord was banished to the Negative Zone by who?
Ronan the Accuser
- What is the name of Mantis’ child, also known as the Celestial Messiah?
- Drax first appeared in what other superhero’s comic book?
Iron Man. Specifically, Invincible Iron Man #55
- Gamora is the last of which species?
- Groot is a member of what species?
- Moondragon is the daughter of which Guardian?
Drax the Destroyer
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission: Breakout was a reskin of what ride at Disney California Adventure?
Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
- The Guardians made their MCU debut in what year?
And we’re done. I hope you had fun. If you’re listening to this podcast in a group and you’ve got a tie, you can always do a Dance-Off to determine the winner.
The Guardians of the Galaxy are a fun bunch and they’ve been a treat both on the page and on the big screen. Who’s your favorite member? My wife loves Groot, but I have to confess, I’m a big Rocket Raccoon fan. Let me know on Social Media or Spotify who you’re a fan of.
I’ll be back here, next week with another episode. Here’s a clue to mull over in the meantime:
What movie franchise debuted in 1987 with a film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger?
I’m a sucker for these movies, no matter how cheesy they can be.
This has been episode 223 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The theme music is by Jason Shaw of Audionautix.com
This podcast was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. You can find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.