What better way to spend our virtual St. Patrick’s Day than with some Ireland Trivia?
For this week’s episode, we’re heading across the Atlantic to the Emerald Isle for thirty trivia questions covering the history, geography, and pop culture surrounding Ireland.
When you’re done with the show, please take a moment to fill out our super-short, two question feedback form located at the bottom of this page. It’s a huge help in making sure we have good topics and the difficulty is just right.
We hope you enjoy Ireland Trivia this week. We’ll have more destination-themed episodes coming this year.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
It’s time for another virtual vacation. And it’s St. Patrick’s day.
Hey gang, this is episode 112 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. This week, we’re heading to Ireland for thirty trivia questions. Same format as always, three rounds of ten questions each. If you’d like to get some rules or find more episodes, you do that at our website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com
That covers the introduction, so let’s get started on Irish Trivia with…
The Dorky Round
1. What famous Irish drink only contains four ingredients (malted barley, hops, brewer’s yeast, and water)?
2. Over 80% of Irish people belong to what religion?
3. What are the three colors on the Irish flag?
4. The Republic of Ireland occupies 80% of the landmass on its island. What takes up the other 20%?
5. What is the capital of Ireland?
6. What is the currency of Ireland?
7. What famous vampire author was born in Ireland in 1847?
8. What Irish actor played Miles O'Brien in both Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine?
9. Which Irish Harry Potter character had, 'a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics?'
10. The Artemis Fowl series is penned by what Irish author?
The Geeky Round
1. James Hoben, an Irishman, designed what iconic US residence?
2. What are the two official languages of Ireland?
3. What is the national symbol of Ireland?
4. The iconic ball for the New Year's Eve drop in Times Square was designed and built by what Irish company?
5. What is the TLD or Top-Level Domain for Ireland?
6. Kissing what Irish icon is said to give you the gift of eloquence and persuasiveness?
7. Which James Bond actor was born in Drogheda, Ireland in 1953?
8. What Irish author published Dubliners in 1914?
9. Frank McCourt wrote what book about his childhood?
10. A bodhran is what type of instrument?
The Nerdy Round
1. How many female presidents has Ireland had?
2. What is the longest river in Ireland?
3. What is the name of the head of the Irish government?
4. The Republic of Ireland is relatively new. When was it established?
5. Though the Irish are stereotypically redheads, what percentage of the residents are actually redheads?
6. Halloween is derived from what ancient Irish holiday?
7. Rotunda Hospital is home to the world's oldest what?
8. Francis Rynd invented what in 1844?
9. What does the name, Dublin, mean?
10. During which years was Ireland struck with the Potato Famine?
And that’s it. I hope you enjoyed our little visit to the Emerald Isle. I’ve been wanting to visit since I was a kid. Maybe when this pandemic is over. Where is it you’ve always wanted to go? Let us know at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. We’ll see you again next week with a brand new show. Here’s your clue:
What animation studio started out in 1944 making commercials, but went on to start producing cartoons in 1957?
No cheating. Even if you don’t know the answer, you only have to wait a week to find out.
This has been episode 112 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.