Anyone else need a vacation from 2021, already? Me too. Let’s have some New Zealand trivia.
This week, we’re going someplace beautiful, warm, and (effectively) Covid-free. We’re heading to New Zealand for some trivia this week. It’s been on my travel list for a long time and so I wanted to pay them a visit (virtually).
From warm beaches to snowy peaks, New Zealand has a wide variety of topography. It also possesses a varied and interesting history, so let’s dive into some trivia about the country.
Stay tuned for other vacation destination places later on this year so we can travel in our minds and just enjoy ourselves.
Finishing up with New Zealand trivia, please take a moment to fill out the quick survey at the bottom of the page. This helps us to know which topics you like and if the difficulty is ‘just right’.
Your clue for next week’s episode:
What decade gave us Animaniacs, Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko’s Modern Life?
Get yourself a free audiobook from your host, Brian Rollins. From thrillers, to mystery, to YA, we’ve got you covered. Click and request your free audiobook today.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Hey gang, this is episode 104 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins.
Anyone else need a vacation? 2020 kind of killed any and all travel. I’d like to get away this year. One of the locations top on my list of places to visit is New Zealand. So, for our third episode of 2021, I thought it might be fun to pay them a visit. Virtually, at least. We’ll cover the country’s history, famous locals, and the geography.
If you’re new to the show, welcome aboard. We have thirty trivia questions every week. Those are broken down into three rounds. Think of the show as your own personal Jeopardy game.
If you want more info about the show, including rules and score cards, visit us at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
That covers the preflight safety briefing, so let’s get started.
The Dorky Round
1. Auckland is the birthplace of what 'Warrior Princess' actress?
2. What is the most populous city in New Zealand?
3. What New Zealander put on a southern drawl for the 2009 Star Trek reboot?
4. What is the capital of New Zealand?
5. What film trilogy, ending in 2003, was filmed, primarily, in New Zealand?
6. What is the national sport of New Zealand?
7. Peter Jackson isn't the only famous New Zealand director. Who directed What We Do In Shadows, Thor: Ragnarok, and Jojo Rabbit?
8. What mountaineer and explorer was born in Auckland in 1919?
9. New Zealanders are often called kiwis. Aside from being a fruit, a kiwi is what type of animal?
10. Who is the monarch of New Zealand?
The Geeky Round
1. What city is called 'The City of Sails' as it boasts the highest per-capita boat ownership in the world?
2. No matter where you are in New Zealand, you’ll never be more than 128 km from where?
3. What actress, raised in New Zealand, was the first Millenial to receive and win an Academy award for acting?
4. The first commercial one of what, was built on the Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown in 1988?
5. How many time zones does New Zealand have?
6. What is the sea that separates New Zealand from Australia?
7. New Zealand only has two native mammals. They are both what type of mammal?
8. Frying Pan Lake is the world's largest what?
9. What is New Zealand's unit of currency?
10. What constellation appears on the New Zealand flag?
The Nerdy Round
1. What's unusual about TV in New Zealand on holidays like Christmas, Easter, and Good Friday?
2. In what country will you find 'old' Zealand?
3. How many native species of snake can be found in New Zealand.
4. New Zealand has two national anthems. The first is God Save the Queen. What's the other?
5. In 1893, New Zealand was the first country to establish what right?
6. Baldwin Street has what world record claim?
7. In what century was New Zealand settled by people?
8. What are the three official languages of New Zealand?
9. New Zealand hosted the first instance of what sporting championship in 1987?
10. What New Zealand city is the first city to see the sun rise each day?
And that’s it for this week. I hope you enjoyed our virtual tour of New Zealand. If you’re actually from New Zealand, I hope you enjoyed a little trivia about your homeland. I don’t know if I’ll make it down there this year, but sometime soon.
I’ll have more ‘vacation destination’ themed episodes later on this year, so stay tuned. Speaking of future episodes, here’s your clue for next week:
“What decade gave us Animaniacs, Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko’s Modern Life?”
This has been episode 104 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. The music has been by Jason Shaw. Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.