Do You Like Scary Movies? How about some 90s Horror Trivia?
The 1990s were chock full of them. Since it’s Halloween season and, we’re up to our 91st episode, we thought it was time to revisit some of those classic (and not-so-classic) films.
When you’re done with 90s Horror Trivia, take a few seconds to fill out our super-simple, two question feedback survey at the bottom of this page. We use that info to help balance the game’s difficulty as well as figure out what topics you like best.
You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. Swing by to say hi to the gang and your fellow trivia nerds.
Love movies but hate the movie theater experience? Check out Alamo Drafthouse. Great food. Great drinks. A hilarious pre-show customized for every movie by their team of movie nerds.
And a zero-tolerance, no-nonsense, no-talking-and-texting policy. No kidding. Just you and other movie lovers enjoying a great night of film.
Did we mention a free movie ticket every year on your birthday? Yeah, that too.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Now that we’re knee deep into October, it’s time for a full-speed horror episode. Hey there. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we’re covering horror movies of the 1990s.
If you’re new here, don’t be afraid. We don’t bite. We offer three rounds of ten trivia questions. Simple and straightforward. Feel free to play alone, in the dark, or with some friends and all the lights on. Whatever you want, I won’t judge.
I think that covers the basics, so let’s get this started.
The Dorky Round
1. Frank Marshall directed what 1990 horror movie starring Jeff Daniels and John Goodman?
2. Who played Pennywise in the original adaptation of IT?
3. Wes Craven directed, wrote, and appears on screen for what 1994 film?
4. Michael J Fox starred in what 1996 Peter Jackson movie?
5. What 1992 film would become a much more popular TV series in 1997?
6. What 1996 movie is attributed for causing the use of caller ID to triple?
7. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr met on the set of what 1997 slasher film?
8. What 1998 movie was both a horror movie and a Marvel comic adaptation?
9. Jennifer Tilly voiced the titular murderous doll in what 1998 movie?
10. Gus Van Sant made a shot-for-shot remake of what movie in 1998
The Geeky Round
1. What town are they trying to save in the movie, Tremors?
2. Before taking over The Daily Show, Jon Stewart played Prof Edward Furlong in what movie?
3. Who played the Horseman in the 1999 version of Sleepy Hollow?
4. Betty White costarred in what 1999 movie about a giant crocodile?
5. Danny Glover became the lead in what sequel movie, after Arnold Schwarzenegger passed?
6. What Thomas Harris novel was adapted into a 1991 movie?
7. What 1992 movie features Jeff Fahey, Pierce Brosnan and some very dated CGI?
8. Warwick Davis and Jennifer Aniston starred in what 1993 horror movie?
9. Sigourney Weaver actually made the over the shoulder basketball shot in what 1997 movie?
10. The Ghostface killer returned in what 1997 sequel?
The Nerdy Round
1. What was the name of the ship sent to rescue the titular ship in Event Horizon?
2. Tim Matheson starred in what 1991 Stephen King adaptation
3. The Spanish title for what 1993 film was 'The Shop of Evil Desires'
4. Christopher Reeve and Kirstie Alley star in what 1995 remake?
5. What 1997 film is Guillermo del Toro first English-language film?
6. Who played Norman Bates' mother in Psycho IV: The Beginning?
7. Renee Zellwegger and Matthew McConaughey starred in what 1995 horror?
8. David Fincher had directed only music videos before what 1992 movie?
9. Before joining the cast of Deep Space Nine, Nicole De Boer starred in what 1997 horror film?
10. Before teaming up on X-Men, Bryan Singer and Ian McKellen worked on what 1998 movie?
And we’re back. Did everyone make it? You didn’t split up, did you? Well, you broke the rules, you pay the consequences.
We’ll be back next week with another horror episode to finish off October. Here’s your clue:
“1872’s Carmilla is one of earliest fictional accounts of what type of creature?”
Oh yes, the classics. I hope to see you next Wednesday.
In the meantime, this has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening and stay safe out there, my friends.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.
1 thought on “91 | 1990s Horror Movie Trivia”
Some of thos movies were so bad they were good. My high school time in a nutshell.
Comments are closed.