What happens when you mix two of our listener’s favorites together? A Quotable Harry Potter episode! That’s right, thirty Harry Potter quotes trivia questions this week.
We’re not quite done with Hogwarts and the Wizarding World. We’ll cook up more episodes in the future, so stay tuned. For now, enjoy the show.
When you’re all done with Harry Potter quotes trivia, we have two requests. First, take a few seconds to fill out our super quick, two question episode feedback. It helps us keep the questions to be just right for difficulty and it aids in understanding what topics you like best. Second, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Reddit. We love interacting with fans of the show. You’re such a fun and intelligent bunch (and you have excellent taste in podcasts).
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
November is National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo). The goal is 50,000 words in 30 days. Don’t just read a book, write your own story! And let us know how you did this year.
More Like This Episode
Hello and welcome to the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast, I’m your host, Brian Rollins.
According to my download stats, the two types of episodes that are the absolute favorites with the listeners are Harry Potter episodes and our Quotables episodes. So, for our 90th episode, we’re mixing them both into a cauldron to see what comes out.
For this episode, I’ll give you a quote. In round one, you have to tell me who said it. For Round two, I need what book it came from. Lastly, in round three, you have to name the character and the book.
Simple and not-so-simple, right? You’ll do just fine. If you need rules or a scorecard, be sure to visit our website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. You can also find quizzes and past episodes.
I thinks that’s enough explanation, so why don’t we get started?
The Dorky Round
For this round, I just need the character who said the quote.
1. “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
2. “I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up … It always does in the end.”
3. “I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed — or worse, expelled. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to bed.”
4. “I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death.”
5. “Once again, you show all the sensitivity of a blunt axe.”
6. “He can run faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo.”
7. “Why, dear boy, we don’t send wizards to Azkaban just for blowing up their aunts.”
8. “Fame is a fickle friend, Harry. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that.”
9. “I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for.”
10. “Training for the ballet, Potter?”
The Geeky Round
For this round, you just need to provide the book where the quote was said.
1. “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”
2. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
3. “Twitchy little ferret, aren’t you, Malfoy?”
4. “There is no need to call me ‘sir,’ Professor.”
5. “Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”
6. “I think we've outgrown full-time education … Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?”
7. “Dobby is free.”
8. “I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick.”
9. “Which came first? The phoenix or the flame?”
10. “Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.”
The Nerdy Round
Final round. You have to name the character and the book.
1. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
2. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
3. “Honestly, am I the only person who's ever bothered to read 'Hogwarts: A History?'”
4. “You’re just as sane as I am.”
5. “It is the quality of one’s convictions that determines success, not the number of followers.”
6. “Don’t let the muggles get you down.”
7. “Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.”
8. “When in doubt, go to the library.”
9. “It unscrews the other way.”
10. “Longbottom, if brains were gold, you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something.”
Books closed and quills down. We’re done. I hope you had fun with that. We’ll have more Harry Potter trivia down the line, but after eight episodes, we might need to take a little break. If there are topics you’d like to suggest, drop us a comment on our site, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
We’ll be back next week with an episode befitting the time of year. Here’s your hint:
“What decade gave us Arachnophobia, Tremors, and Event Horizon?”
This has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and the music has been by Jason Shaw. Thanks for listening and keep practicing your Patronus charms.
Super simple. Super fast. Let us know what you thought of this week’s show. Even if you’re listening years after the show debuted.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.
1 thought on “90 | Quotable Harry Potter Trivia”
This was my favorite HP episode. Thanks!
Comments are closed.