October is here and we’re in the mind for murder. How about some Agatha Christie Trivia?
This week, we’re diving into the life and works of the Queen of the Murder Mystery, Agatha Christie. What better time of the year than to cozy up with a good mystery than right now? Got a favorite Christie novel? I bet we’ve got it covered in here.
If you’re new to the show, welcome. If not, welcome back! Need rules or a scorecard? You can find them here. When you’re done, be sure to fill out the very short feedback form at the bottom of the page here to let us know how you liked the episode.
When you’re done with Agatha Christie Trivia, please take a moment to fill out our super-short survey at the bottom of the page. We collect info from each and every episode to determine if the shows are too easy, too hard, or just right. It also helps us to know what topics you like.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
- The Life and Works of Edgar Allan Poe
- The Life and Works of William Shakespeare
- Television Mystery Shows
It’s October and we’re in the mind for murder.
Hey there, this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast and I’m your host, Brian Rollins. This week, we’re diving into the life and works of the queen of the murder mystery, Agatha Christie.
If you’re new, I’ll give you the rundown. Every week, we offer up three rounds of ten questions on a particular topic. If you need rules or a score card to keep track of your answers, you can find those at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. We’ve had other author episodes, including Edgar Allan Poe earlier this year.
I think that about covers it, so let’s get started, shall we?
The Dorky Round
1. In what year, was Agatha Christie born?
2. What is Miss Marple's first name?
3. What nationality is Hercule Poirot?
4. From 1989 to 2013, who played Hercule Poirot on TV?
5. What British Army officer would often accompany Poirot on cases?
6. From 1984 to 1992, who played Miss Marple on the BBC?
7. What Agatha Christie novel is being adapted into a movie starring Kenneth Branagh in 2021?
8. Poirot first appeared in what story?
9. Agatha Christie belonged to what writers group along with Hugh Walpole, Dorothy L Sayers, and others?
10. Rufus Sewell starred in what 2020 Agatha Christie adaptation?
The Geeky Round
1. Before becoming a private detective, what was Poirot's occupation?
2. Christie wrote six novels under what pseudonym?
3. Miss Marple first appeared in what short story?
4. Agatha Christie was the first recipient of what Mystery Writers of America award?
5. What was Agatha Christie's first non-fiction book?
6. The Secret of Chimneys introduced what recurring Christie character?
7. Murder in the Calais Couch is the US title for what Christie novel?
8. Tommy and Tuppence first appeared in what novel?
9. What was Miss Marple's last story?
10. What real-life event inspired the murder and kidnapping backstory to Murder on the Orient Express?
The Nerdy Round
1. What Christie novel was the result of a challenge from her sister, Madge?
2. Poirot dies in which story?
3. What Agatha Christie play holds the world record for the longest initial run?
4. How many times was Christie married?
5. According to a poll conducted by the author's estate, what is considered the 'World's Favorite Christie'?
6. The play, Witness for the Prosecution, was adapted from what short story?
7. What was the first novel Christie published as Mary Westmacott?
8. During both world wars, Christie worked in hospitals doing what?
9. How many stories featured Superintendent Battle?
10. What was the original title of 'A Holiday for Murder'?
And that’s it. Hopefully you enjoyed this week’s mysterious episode. We did Sherlock Holmes a few weeks back, so grab that if you haven’t already. We’ll have more horror and Halloween episodes this month, so stay tuned.
Speaking of which, here’s your clue for next week:
“What book series gave us the quote, ‘It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.’”
We’re combining two of our favorites to make this episode. So don’t miss it.
In the meantime, be sure to follow us on Facebook or Twitter. And drop us a review on your podcast directory of choice. We’d appreciate the help in spreading our audience.
This has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find more from me, including audiobooks and more, at TheVoicesInMyHead.com. Thanks for listening and keep using your little grey cells.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.