How well do you know your Sherlock Holmes trivia? Match wits with our trivia crew and see how well you can do in thirty questions about that master sleuth, his adventures, and about the man who created him.
I can’t believe we’ve waited 87 episodes to get to Sherlock Holmes, but here we are. Enjoy the episode and come back soon for more mystery-related episodes as we head into October!
When you’re done sleuthing through trivia with Sherlock Holmes and Doctor John Watson in today’s episode, please take a few seconds to fill out our quick feedback form (located at the bottom of the page). It helps us to shape the show and the make sure the difficulty is “just right.”
We would also love to have you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. We post new episodes there, videos, and more. Share your favorite episode with the rest of Dorky Geeky Nerdy’s fans. Have a great story about a trivia night you had? Please share it.
Get a great book and support Dorky Geeky Nerdy. You’ll find great deals on Indigo (including Sherlock Holmes and many more).
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
The game’s afoot! Hey loyal listeners, it’s time for the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this week, we’re covering that master sleuth, Sherlock Holmes.
If you’re new to the gang, welcome. We offer up thirty questions every week for the discriminating trivia connoisseur. There are three rounds, each harder than the one before. If you need rules or a score card, you can find all that at our website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
Let’s get to the questions before time runs out, shall we?
The Dorky Round
1. Who created the character of Sherlock Holmes?
2. What is the title of Sherlock's first adventure in print?
3. What address does Holmes call home?
4. What is the name of Holmes' housekeeper and landlady?
5. What is Dr. Watson's first name?
6. In what novel does Holmes and Watson solve the mystery surrounding a spectral dog and its curse?
7. Who, supposedly, killed off Holmes in 1891?
8. What is the name of Sherlock's brother?
9. What musical instrument does Holmes often play?
10. Who played Sherlock Holmes in fifteen movies from 1939 to 1946?
The Geeky Round
1. In what year did Sherlock Holmes first appear in print?
2. In what magazine did Holmes first appear?
3. What was the first Holmes story to appear in The Strand?
4. What is Holmes' self-described occupation?
5. Irene Adler hails from what country?
6. What is the name of Watson's first wife?
7. Inspector Lestrade first appeared in which story?
8. What two drugs did Holmes often make use of?
9. In The Seven Per-Cent Solution, who attempts to cure Holmes of his addictions?
10. What is the name of the fourth and final Sherlock Holmes novel written by Doyle?
The Nerdy Round
1. What Edgar Allan Poe character is considered the prototype for many fictional detectives, including Holmes?
2. How many of Doyle's stories feature an appearance by Irene Adler?
3. In what country is Watson injured during his military service?
4. According Doyle, which Sherlock Holmes story is the best?
5. In how many Holmes stories does Inspector Lestrade appear?
[toggle title="6. What occupation does Holmes take up after retirement?"]Beekeeping
7. In the Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax, where do they find Lady Frances?
8. In what year did Arthur Conan Doyle die?
9. Who illustrated the original Holmes stories in The Strand
10. There are statues of Holmes in what two UK cities?
And that’s it for this week. I hope you had fun. I’ve been a long time Holmes fan in all its many forms. If you haven’t read the originals, I highly recommend them. They’re still riveting after all this time.
We’ll be back next week with more trivia fun. Here’s your clue to ponder until then:
“Other than all being women, what do Margarget Atwood, Ursula K LeGuin, and Vonda N. McIntyre all have in common?”
Another hint, we did a similar episode to this back in June. I hope to see you then. In the meantime, be sure to follow the show on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with all our goings on.
This has been episode 87 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. Thanks for listening and always be on the lookout for clues, my friends.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.