Think it’s safe to head back into the water? Summer vacation is at hand (for some people) and that often means a trip to the beach. What better time than now to revisit the classic Stephen Spielberg film and its sequels. Put your water wings on and dive into Jaws Trivia.
When you’re done with Jaws Trivia, be sure to use our quick feedback form below to let us know how we did.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
With Summer just around the corner and folks flocking to the beach, why not have a little fun with the horror classic and the movies it spawned.
Ahoy! I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast. This week we’re diving into Jaws Trivia, including the classic movie, the novel, and the sequels.
As always, it’ll be three rounds of 10 questions each. If you’re playing with a group (or you want to keep score yourself), check out dorkygeekynerdy.com/rules for how to score the game and to download score sheets. On the site you can also subscribe to the podcast or send us feedback on the show. We’d love to hear from you.
OK. The boat’s fueled up and ready to go. Life vests on? Good. Let’s cast off.
The Dorky Round
1. Who wrote the original Jaws novel?
2. How many Jaws movies are there?
3. Which is the only Jaws movie not to take place at Amity Island?
4. What was the name of Quint's shark hunting boat?
5. What kind of shark is the antagonist for each movie?
6. The first Jaws film premiered in what year?
7. How many Jaws movies were directed by Steven Spielberg?
8. Prior to Jaws, studios didn't think releasing movies during what time of year was profitable?
9. Who says 'You're going to need a bigger boat'?
10. What species of shark is caught, mistakenly thought to be the killer shark?
The Geeky Round
1. What nickname was given to the fake shark on the set of the first movie?
2. What family is involved in all of the Jaws movies?
3. Quint served aboard what battleship?
4. At what amusement park can you get up close and personal with the shark from Jaws?
5. What character was supposed to die in the original script (and the book)?
6. The novel, Jaws, came out in what year?
7. What park was the setting for Jaws 3-D?
8. What did the characters use to kill the shark in Jaws 3-D?
9. The series borrows themes from what Herman Melville novel?
10. The first Jaws film won how many Oscars?
The Nerdy Round
1. John Williams iconic two-note pairing for the score is made up of what two notes?
[toggle title="2. What real life island stood in for Amity Island?"]Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.
3. Robert Shaw taunted what costar throughout filming?
4. How is the shark killed in Jaws 2?
5. What was the title of first film in French?
6. In the novel, Matt Hooper has an affair with who?
7. The first video game based on the series was released for what console?
8. Steven Spielberg declared what film was 'the best of the Jaws rip*offs'?
9. What screenwriter contributed to the first three Jaws movies?
10. Who said of Jaws: The Revenge, 'I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!'?
Everyone out of the water!
I hope your swim through this week’s trivia was refreshing. Towel off and get ready for the next show. Speaking of which, here’s your clue.
What was the unofficial name of the period in Disney Animation between 1989 and 1999?
That’ll give you a hint for what’s coming next Wednesday. But before that rolls out, you’ll want to swing by DorkyGeekyNerdy.com on Saturday for something special. Let’s just say it’ll add up to something fun for the Summer.
As always, you can find us on Facebook and Twitter. Links to all our social media stuff can be found at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Kevin MacLeod
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.