Are you ready for some Jurassic Park Trivia? Well, that’s how we’re kicking off Season Five. That’s right, this season we’re back to the tried and true formula of geeky & nerdy topics you love.
When you’re done with Jurassic Park Trivia, please take a few moments to help out the show. We need your reviews on whatever podcast app you use. It’s a HUGE help in getting fresh listeners. Also, post about the show (and your score) on Social Media. Share the fun!
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
- Michael Crichton Trivia
- Jaws Franchise Trivia
- Hawaii Trivia
- Montana Trivia
- 1950s Sci-Fi Movie Trivia
Welcome to the first episode of Season Five! It’s episode 214 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host Brian Rollins and we’re starting things off with a roar and covering the Jurassic Park Franchise including all six movies.
That’s right, this season we’re going back to movies, books, comics, and whatnot for our topics. Got a suggestion for a topic? Great, let me know at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. We’ve done a few suggested topics in the past and I have a few scheduled this season. That said, I don’t have the entire season mapped out yet, so there’s room if you’ve got a good idea.
But, you’re not here to listen to the nuts and bolts of the show. You want trivia. So let’s get Season Five started.
The Dorky Round
- Jurassic Park was the highest grossing film of all time until which movie?
Titanic. It held the record for four years.
- Insects trapped in what mineral was the source of dinosaur DNA?
- What is the only Jurassic movie with a number in its title?
Jurassic Park III
- What US State stood in for most of the outdoor shots of Jurassic Park?
Hawaii. The “Jurassic Park Waterfall” on Kauai is a popular tourist attraction.
- What colorful name was given to Owen’s smartest velociraptor?
- Who played “chaotician” Dr. Ian Malcolm?
- Jurassic Park and later Jurassic World are located on what fictional island?
- Who wrote the first Jurassic Park novel in 1990?
- What actress did exercises and training to safely run in high heels?
Bryce Dallas Howard
- Who played Dr. Alan Grant in the Jurassic Movies?
The Geeky Round
- In what year did the first Jurassic Park movie debut?
- Jurassic Park: The Ride originally opened in June 1996 in what amusement park?
Universal Studios Hollywood
- Prior to Jurassic Park, which cast member hadn’t acted since 1979?
- What is the first living dinosaur we see in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?
- The Lost World borrows its name from a novel by what author?
Arthur Conan Doyle. He published The Lost World in 1912
- Though it features on the Jurassic Park logo, in what period would you actually find the Tyrannosaurus Rex?
The Cretaceous Period
- Jurassic Park’s “Site B” is located on what island?
- What is the first dinosaur we see in Jurassic Park?
A velociraptor. It’s mostly obscured by a cage, but we get to see the creature’s eyes.
- Who directed both the first and last Jurassic World movies?
- How many years passed between the first and (presumably) last Jurassic movies?
The Nerdy Round
- What is the type of dinosaur that kills both Dennis Nedry and Lewis Dodgson?
- In the first movie, they come across a sick Triceratops. In the book, what kind of dinosaur is it?
- Michael Crichton intended John Hammond to be a dark version of what real life person?
- What director was “a few hours late” to getting the movie rights to Jurassic Park?
James Cameron. He admits that Spielberg was the better choice as his version would have been much more violent and unfair to kids.
- A T-Rex is let loose in what American city in Lost World?
- Of the six Jurassic Park movies, how many are based on novels?
Two. Just Jurassic Park and Lost World
- Other than Jeff Goldblum, what actor has starred in four Jurassic movies?
BD Wong. He played Henry Wu in the first movie and all three Jurassic World films
- Dr. Ellie Sattler is what kind of doctor?
She’s a paleobotanist
- What was the working title for Jurassic World?
Jurassic Park: Extinction
- What is the name of the first human clone in the Jurassic Park Franchise?
And that’s it for Jurassic Park movie trivia. I hope you enjoyed it. I’ve always been a big fan of all the movies, good or bad. Dinosaurs are always awesome. I remember watching the first movie just after graduating high school. I think I cried when we got our first full glimpse of dinosaurs.
Tell what your favorite part of the series has been. If you haven’t read the original book, I highly recommend it. It’s a touch dated, but the concepts in there are still relevant today.
I’ll see you back here next week for another episode. Here’s a clue:
Which DC superhero debuted in July 1940 and is still in print to this day?
It’s been so long since I’ve done a comic book episode. I’m excited for this one. I have a whole bunch of comic book trivia episodes on the schedule this year. If we haven’t covered your favorite yet, let me know.
This has been episode 214 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The music is new for the season, but it’s still by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com
The Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. You can find me online at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.