This week we have got some Hawaii Trivia. Test your knowledge of the Aloha State with 30 facts, questions, and more. This is a state that’s been high on my list of places to visit, so come with me on a little virtual vacation.
Note: We’ve had a major issue with the site, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. The RSS feed is no longer populating with episodes and I don’t know why. It seems to have started yesterday (Tuesday) and I can’t seem to find the update/plugin that’s causing the issue.
That being said, I’m redirecting all traffic to our backup feed on Anchor. I’ve been debating doing this for some time and this sort of forced my hand. Anchor gives me more flexibility about ads and marketing. The downside is, you’ll get duplicates of all past episodes in your feed. My apologies, but I didn’t have a lot of time to come up with a more elegant solution (or warn you all).
The old site is still there and still running if you listen to episodes directly from there. That’s not changing any time soon. The issue will only come up when you use a Podcast Player (as most do).
Thanks for bearing with me and sorry for the delay.
When you’re done with Hawaii Trivia, be sure to check out our other episodes (if you haven’t already). If you’re a long time listener, please do us a favor and drop us a review on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen.
Also, share the show with your friends. More ears = More fun. Thanks!
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Aloha my friends, it’s time to relax on the beach.
This is episode 184 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this week we’ve got a state that’s been high on my to-visit list for a long time. That’s right, we’re heading to Hawaii.
As always, it’s thirty questions broken up in three rounds of increasing difficulty. We’ve been doing this for 184 shows, but in case you’re new here, check out our website DorkyGeekyNerdy.com for rules and score cards.
That covers the basics, so let’s get this luau under way.
The Dorky Round
3. What Hawaii-born actor had roles on Stargate: Atlantis, Game of Thrones, Justice League, and the 2022 version of Dune?
6. Though usually thought of as Australian, what actress and star of Moulin Rouge! and Eyes Wide Shut was actually born in Hawaii?
7. What TV series, beginning in 2004 with a plane crash on a beach, promised us, 'Everything happens for a reason'?
The Geeky Round
The Nerdy Round
3. What performer, born in Hawaii in 1945, is only one Oscar away from getting her EGOT? She came close with The Rose and For The Boys.
And we are done with our questions this week. Want some bonus facts about Hawaii?
- Hawaii is the only state to grow coffee.
- It’s the only US state that’s entirely made of islands.
- It has the fourth-longest coastline of any US state.
- It became a state in 1959.
- It’s the only state to have two official languages: English and Hawaiian.
- Though often spelled with a diacritic between the two i’s, the official state name does not contain that punctuation mark. That’s because the state’s constitution was written before diacritics were used to indicate glottal stops.
As I said before, I’ve been dying to get to Hawaii. I promised my wife a trip for our anniversary in 2020. You can guess how successful that attempt was. Someday and someday soon.
We’ll see you back here next week for more trivia. Here’s a clue to tide you over.
The limestone for the Empire State Building, the Pentagon, and the National Cathedral all comes from what state?
This has been episode 184 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Our theme music has been provided by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Come find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Aloha and thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered.Follow the show: