Our second episode of 2022 and we’ve got another author episode with Michael Crichton Trivia. The Jurassic Park author wrote a ton of books, created numerous screenplays, and even directed films. How well do you know his works? Let’s test those trivia skills.
When you’re done with Michael Crichton Trivia, we need your help to leave reviews on Podchaser (and elsewhere). Why? Because it lets people know how good the show is and how much you’re enjoying it. It only takes you a few minutes but it’s a huge help in getting the word out. And don’t just review us. Leave reviews for all the podcasts you listen to.
If you want to use questions in your trivia night, scroll on down to the episode transcript below. Enjoy!
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
You clever girls…and guys.
Hey kids, this is episode 155 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this week, we’re featuring an author that got a lot of people hooked on hard sci-fi starting in the 1990s. We’re talking about the late Michael Crichton.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. If you need rules or scorecards, visit the show’s website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
If you’re looking for a way to help support the show this year, visit our store at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com/shop.
Looks like the helicopter is fueled and ready to head out, so let’s get started with Michael Crichton Trivia.
The Dorky Round
1. What is the title of Crichton's first published novel?
2. What 1990 book was adapted into a 1993 movie directed by Stephen Spielberg?
3. Crichton's The Lost World borrows its name from a book by what other author?
4. Which Crichton novel was adapted into a film starring Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes?
5. What TV series was based on a screenplay Crichton wrote in 1974?
6. What 1996 Crichton novel talks about air safety, crash investigations, and media sensationalism?
7. What Crichton novel was adapted into a 2003 movie starring Paul Walker, Gerard Butler, and Billy Connelly?
8. Yul Brynner starred in what Crichton-written & directed movie?
9. Which Crichton novel (and movie adaptation) feature a gorilla, named Amy, who speaks through sign language?
10. What main Jurassic Park character dies in the book, but survives in the movie?
The Geeky Round
1. Crichton was born in what US city?
2. Crichton directed and wrote the screenplay for what 1978 adaptation of a Robin Cook novel?
3. Using many of the same themes as Jurassic Park, Crichton published what 2002 novel about nanotechnology?
4. Crichton co-wrote what 1996 climatological disaster movie?
5. Following Crichton's death, what sequel novel was written by Daniel H. Wilson?
6. After director John McTiernan left, Crichton took over directing what film?
7. Which novel combines elements of historical records and elements from Beowulf?
8. The journal, Nature, warned that which Crichton novel might, 'mislead the unwary'?
9. What attraction in Jurassic Park was written for the first movie, but wouldn't be seen until the third movie?
10. Crichton adapted and directed what film in 1978 (based on his own 1975 historical novel)?
The Nerdy Round
1. Spell Michael's last name (no cheating).
2. What Crichton book and movie adaptation both came out in 1994?
3. What historical novel about Othniel Charles Marsh and Edward Drinker Cope was published after Crichton's death?
4. Which Crichton novel was serialized in Playboy in 1972?
5. Crichton made his directorial debut with what 1972 TV Movie?
6. HBO's Westworld series is not the first TV adaptation of the work. What is?
7. How many times was Michael Crichton married?
8. Crichton directed and wrote what 1981 movie starring Albert Finney and James Coburn?
9. In 2002, a species of what was named after Crichton?
10. What was the last Crichton novel published while he was alive?
And that’s it for our second episode of 2022. How’s the year treating you thus far? Hopefully better than 2021. We’ll be back again next week with more trivia goodness. Here’s a clue:
What Sci-Fi franchise kicked off in 1979 with a one-word titled movie?
I think the original movie might have been my very first horror movie. Warped me for life, even though it was edited for TV.
This has been episode 155 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins.
Thanks for listening and remember, trivia finds a way.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.