Are your ready to fight evil with some Captain America trivia?
This week, we’re diving into that paragon of virtue, Captain America. He’s been around for over eighty years and he’s covered a lot of ground. This week, our thirty questions will be all about his character, his enemies, and his history. Roll up your sleeves and let’s do some Captain America trivia.
When you’re done with Captain America Trivia, please take a moment to subscribe (if you haven’t already) and drop us a review on your favorite directory. We could also use your review on Facebook. It’s not something a lot of people think about, but it does help our page show up to more people. Thanks!
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
- Captain America Comic Book Fans
- So, Is He Captain America?
- Countdown to Infinity
- History of Captain America
More Like This Episode
Trivia lovers, Assemble.
Hey gang, welcome back to the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. This season, I wanted to tackle more comic book heroes and there are few as iconic as the star-spangled avenger, Captain America.
Like always, we’ve got three rounds of ten questions each for your trivia pleasure. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and get to dispensing some trivia.
The Dorky Round
1. What is Captain America's shield made from?
2. Who created Captain America?
3. Captain America first appeared in what year?
4. After Rogers' death in 2007, who took up the shield of Captain America?
5. Cap often faced off against Johann Schmidt, better known as who?
6. Steve Rogers reveals his secret identity after what 2001 real-world event?
7. Who was the Nazi biochemist who worked beside the Red Skull?
8. From 2011 to 2019, who played Captain America in the MCU movies?
9. Captain America was first published by what company?
10. Steve Rogers was born in what US city?
The Geeky Round
1. Who killed Captain America at the conclusion of the Civil War story arc?
2. What are the names of Steve Rogers' parents?
3. Who was the Soviet equivalent of Captain America?
4. In the comics, whose plane explodes, sending Steve Rogers into the North Atlantic?
5. In 1974, Rogers dropped the Captain America name and became what superhero?
6. In the 1996 Elseworlds comics, Captain America crossed over with what DC hero?
7. Cap's iconic circular shield first appeared in what comic?
8. Cap was not an initial member of the Avengers. He joined in what year?
9. Who played Captain America in two 1979 made-for-TV movies?
10. During World War II, Cap occasionally fought Nazis as part of what supergroup?
The Nerdy Round
1. In the 1872 comic series, Steve Rogers is the Sheriff of what boom town?
2. Who brainwashed Sharon Carter into killing Steve Rogers?
3. Who created the serum that gives Captain America his powers?
4. What Captain America pretender went insane and began accusing innocent people of being Communists during the Red Scare?
5. Cap faced off against what French terrorist & super villain in the comics and in the movie Captain America: Winter Soldier?
6. In the Marvel Zombies storyline, Captain America has what new rank?
7. In the alternate universe of the House of M storyline, Steve Rogers becomes the first man to do what?
8. In the Truth: Red, White, and Black series, who substituted for Captain America?
9. In how many MCU movies did Chris Evans appear as Captain America?
10. Captain America achieved the rank of General in what 2010 comic?
And we’re done. I hope you had some fun this week. We’ll be visiting more heroes in the coming weeks, so stay tuned. Speaking of coming weeks, here’s your clue for next Wednesday’s episode.
Rotten Tomatoes lists City Lights, Airplane, and Monty Python & the Holy Grail as the most essential films in what genre?
If you’d like to learn more about the show, the host, or anything else, be sure to visit dorkygeekynerdy.com.
I’m your host, Brian Rollins. The music has been by Jason Shaw at audionautix.com. Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.