February is Black History Month and we’re celebrating the only way we know how: With trivia! Specifically, Black Panther Trivia.
The first “mainstream” black comic book character, Black Panther is a proud, noble, and thoroughly awesome superhero. We’ve got thirty trivia questions to test your knowledge of the superhero, his enemies, his friends, and his many incarnations.
This week, we also have a little PSA. In 2020, we lost Black Panther star, Chadwick Boseman to Colon Cancer. If you’re like me and getting close to turning 50, it’s time to start thinking about getting checked for Colon Cancer.
It’s not fun, but it’s an easy way to prevent this disease. Doctors recommend when you turn 50, you get screened. If you have a family history of cancer, particularly Colon Cancer, you might want to get screen earlier than that.
Losing such an excellent actor and man in Boseman is tough. We can honor his life by taking note and taking care of ourselves and our loved ones.
And here ends the PSA. I hope you and your families are doing well. We’ll be back again next week with more trivia fun, just like Black Panther Trivia. I promise.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Brian’s Note: Hopefully this week’s transcript will help with any and all pronunciations I goofed up.
Hey gang, it’s episode 106 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this week, we’re honoring Black History month the best way we know, with geek trivia. Specifically, trivia about that iconic superhero, Black Panther.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. Every round gets a little harder than the last one. If you know the answer, great and if not, at least you learned something new. If you need score cards or want to look up past episodes, visit us at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
You can also send us feedback and suggestions. We’re still mapping out all of Season Three, so if there’s something you think we should cover, let us know.
I think that’s enough monologuing, so let the questions begin.
The Dorky Round
1. Black Panther rules over what fictional African nation?
2. What duo created Black Panther?
3. T'Challa's homeland is rich in what rare material?
4. For a time, Black Panther took over protecting Hell's Kitchen for what other superhero?
5. What is the name of T'Challa's genius sister?
6. Who played Black Panther starting in 2016 with Captain America: Civil War?
7. In the comics, who killed King T'Chaka?
8. Black Panther would get his own title starting in what year?
9. In the All-New, All-Different Marvel, Black Panther is part of what group?
10. When asked about filming Black Panther, what actor said, “You think, 'Right, this is what black actors feel like all the time?'”
The Geeky Round
1. T'Challa has what advanced degree?
2. T'Challa married which super heroine in 2006?
3. Black Panther debuted in what year?
4. Black Panther debuted in what other superhero’s comic?
5. What storyline is considered Marvel's first Graphic Novel?
6. Black Panther is a member of what group, alongside Tony Stark, Charles Xavier, and Reed Richards?
7. Black Panther was a featured character along with the Fantastic Four and the X-Men in what 2010 miniseries?
8. What is the superhero name for Kasper Cole, who debuted in the Black Panther comics?
9. Black Panther appears in what 2018 Lego movie?
10. Michael B Jordan, who plays Killmonger, initially auditioned for what MCU hero?
The Nerdy Round
1. What actor was set to play Black Panther in the 90's?
2. Who directed the 2018 film, Black Panther?
3. What is the name of T'Challa's father?
4. What was Jack Kirby's original name for Black Panther?
5. In the comics, M'Baku goes by what super villain name?
6. To avoid allusions to the political party of the same name, Marvel tried to use what name for Black Panther?
7. In the comics, what is Erik Killmonger's birth name?
8. Black Panther started out as a guest character in other comics. He would star in his own stories in which comic?
9. Who wrote the 2017 series, Black Panther: Long Live the King?
10. What is the name of the Jabari tribe?
And that’s it for this week. I hope you had fun.
As many of you know, we lost the actor behind Black Panther in 2020. Chadwick Boseman was only 43 years old when lost his battle with colon cancer. I know, some of you are reaching for that skip button, but hear me out. If you’re 50 or older, make an appointment with your doctor to get checked. It’s not pleasant, but you need to get checked. And it’s treatable, if caught early. If you have a history of cancer in your family, especially colon cancer, you should get checked earlier than 50 years old. Some doctors are recommending a screening at 40 if you have a family history of the disease.
So that’s my PSA. I don’t do them very often, but I wanted to honor the memory of Chadwick Boseman this week. He brought a grace and dignity to the role of Black Panther and his many other roles. It’s a tragedy that he died so young. I figured I would try to make a little good from that loss.
We’ll be back again, next week with more trivia. Here’s your hint for what’s coming:
“According to Rotten Tomatoes, the top three movies in what genre are Casablanca, It Happened One Night, and A Night at the Opera?”
I hope to see you here. This has been episode 106 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.