Delayed till November of 2020, Black Widow was going to be Marvel’s big movie in 2020. Since it was on our schedule already, we’re going ahead with our episode dedicated to Natasha to help soothe those COVID-19 blues with some Black Widow trivia.
This isn’t our first Marvel episode and it certainly won’t be our last. We’ve covered Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and so much more. What is your favorite Marvel show that we’ve done on Dorky Geeky Nerdy?
We also need your help with listener feedback. Down at the bottom of this page, you’ll find a two question feedback form. Take a second and fill it out. We need your help in making sure the questions are just the right level of difficult and that we have fun and engaging topics to explore.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
Ready for more comic goodness? Check out these other podcasts to keep your Marvel skills fresh and sharp.
More Like This Episode
If you’re new to the show, you can check out past episodes by clicking the links below. We have new shows every Wednesday, so subscribe and you’ll never miss a show.
Ah the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.
Hey there true believers, this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast and I’m your host, Brian Rollins.
So, for the scheduled release of the Black Widow movie, we had this episode written and ready to go. But the movie has been delayed to November due to the COVID-19 outbreak. But, we’re going to stick to our schedule this time and maybe help fill that Natasha Romanov-sized hole in your heart.
As always, we’re presenting 30 questions in three rounds, each harder than the last. If you’re new here and need rules or a score sheet, visit our website, DorkyGeekyNeryd.com/rules where we’ll hook you up.
And a big thank you to my co-host and resident comic book nerd, Blaine Dowler for putting together the questions for this episode.
All right. Looks like the quinjet is fueled and we’re ready for our mission. Let’s begin.
The Dorky Round
1. When the Black Widow was first introduced, she was a villain who opposed Iron Man. Which other Iron Man villain did she team up with?
9. In Avengers: Endgame, who did Natasha compete with to decide which self-sacrifice would release the soul gem?
10. In Avengers: Age of Ultron, why did Natasha say she wouldn't try lifting Thor's hammer, Mjolnir?
The Geeky Round
4. To some, Black Widow's iconic look was with long hair and a black unitard, replacing the fishnet neckline and domino mask of the original, and was used for the movies. Where did that look first appear?
7. The closest Natasha Romanoff has to an arch nemesis is a character that was created to be the Russian equivalent of Captain America. Who is it?
8. Outrage over the lack of Black Widow action figures has been raging since her introduction to the MCU. Why was the Age of Ultron toy set in particular a target of these complaints?
The Nerdy Round
3. What made Black Widow unique in the way the story was told during the first arc of 'Mighty Avengers' by Brian Michael Bendis?
4. Black Widow became romantically involved with another superhero as a result of the manipulations of a time traveling android named Mr. Kline. Which hero was it?
10. Who was originally cast as the Black Widow for Iron Man 2, but was forced to drop out due to a scheduling conflict?
And we’re safely back on the Helicarrier. Good work team. Now hit the showers.
If you’re a big comic book nerd, we have other episodes in the vault for the Avengers, Spider-Man, Women in Comics, and more. Be sure to visit DorkyGeekyNerdy.com to have a listen.
We’ll be back next week for more trivia fun. Here’s your clue next Wednesday:
“We ‘Saw’ a ‘Final Destination’ that would ‘Drag Me to Hell’ in what decade?”
I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Thanks for listening.