Who is ready for a nice, warm, tropical vacation? Let’s head South for a little Mexico Trivia this week.
This season, we’re hitting some of the countries that are popular tourist destinations since real-life travel isn’t all that easy (yet). Mexico is a wonderful place with a rich history, varied climates, and wonderful food. Let’s dive in and see how well you know your Mexico Trivia.
When you’re done, please take a moment to fill out the super-short two question survey located below. It’s our main source of feedback on how you like each episode.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Hola my friends.
Welcome to the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this week, we’re heading south of the border with a trip to Mexico. It’s a country rich in history, culture, and geography and we’re only going to scratch the surface with thirty questions this week.
If you need rules or score cards, visit us at dorkygeekynerdy.com. That covers the intro, so let’s get started.
The Dorky Round
1. What US state shares the longest border with Mexico?
2. What Mexican state lies due south of California?
3. What is the longest river in Mexico?
4. Between 1846 and 1848, Mexico lost half its territory to what country?
5. What is the TLD or Internet country code for Mexico?
6. What is the unit of currency for Mexico?
7. What two animals are on the Mexican flag?
8. What is the predominant religion in Mexico?
9. Mexico City hosted the Olympics Games in what year?
10. What director, born in Guadalajara, brought us Pan's Labyrinth, two Hellboy movies, and Pacific Rim?
The Geeky Round
1. The Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan is now the cite of what city?
2. Mexico City has over 100,000 of what type of vehicle running every day?
3. What snack was created in Mexico, 9000 years ago?
4. How many states does Mexico have?
5. Mexico leads the world in production of what precious metal?
6. Tequila is distilled from what plant?
7. Who led the Mexican army to victory against the Republic of Texas at the Battle of the Alamo?
8. What body of water is located between Baja California and Sonora?
9. There are two border towns of Nogales. One is in Sonora, Mexico. The other is in what US state?
10. Mexican painter Diego Rivera was married to what other Mexican painter?
The Nerdy Round
1. What is the largest state in Mexico?
2. What is the highest point in Mexico?
3. The average Mexican citizen works how many hours per week?
4. Tequila is named for a town in what Mexican state?
5. In terms of population, where does Mexico rank in the world?
6. General Santa Anna once held a state funeral for which of his body parts?
7. Mexico City is sinking. Why?
8. Cancun sits at the tip of what peninsula?
9. Speaking of Cancun, it's only a quick 130 mile swim WNW from there to what island nation?
10. What three countries share a border with Mexico?
And that’s it for Mexico. Well, the trivia questions, at least. We’ll be back again next week for more trivia fun. Here’s your clue for next week’s topic:
What 2002 movie had the tongue-in-cheek working title, “Jar Jar’s Big Adventure”?
We will see you back here next Wednesday. This has been episode 119 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening, mi amigos.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.