Has it really been one-hundred episodes? It feels like it was only yesterday I was putting this thing together on a whim. Now, here we are. 100 episodes. Over 30,000 episode downloads. What a wild ride. So, let’s go back to where it all began, with some Star Trek trivia.
And, the questions this week can come from anywhere in the Star Trek universe. Any series. Any movie. And elsewhere. That’s right, we’re going to cover the new series (Discovery, Lower Decks, and Picard) as well as the classics you know and love.
Also, we’re turning this episode up to 40. That’s right, the Freaky Round is back. Well, don’t just sit there letting me prattle on, get going and listen! And be sure to share your score with this week’s Star Trek Trivia.
So, when you are done with this week’s Star Trek trivia, take a moment to fill out the quick feedback form lower down. This is a huge help in keeping the topics interesting and the difficulty ‘just right’ for our listeners.
Here is your clue for next week’s episode:
What do the movies San Andreas, Airport 1975, The Poseidon Adventure, and the entire year of 2020 have in common?
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
- Star Trek: The Original Series Trivia
- The Animated Series Trivia
- The Next Generation Trivia
- Deep Space Nine Trivia
- Voyager Trivia
- Enterprise Trivia
- Star Trek Films 1-6 Trivia
This is episode 100 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host Brian Rollins and…wait a minute.
One. Hundred. Episodes.
Wow. It’s been an adventure getting here and I just wanted to thank everyone for listening. A special thanks to Blaine for helping me write episodes and a big thank you to my lovely wife for putting up with my weird hobbies. Seriously, the woman is a saint.
So, it’s episode one-hundred? Gotta do something special, right? Well, since we started this whole podcast with Star Trek, it seemed fitting to have a little more for the 100th. Specifically, we’re doing…everything. These questions can come from anywhere in the Star Trek universe. TV, Movies, and more.
Oh…and it wouldn’t be a special episode without bringing back the Freaky Round. That’s right, like our one-year anniversary special, this episode goes to 40! One extra round of even harder questions.
That’s enough chit-chat for the intro, so let’s fire up the dilithium crystals and punch it.
The Dorky Round
1. What character has been played by four different actors, starting with Jeffrey Hunter and most recently by Anson Mount?
2. Star Trek: Lower Decks gets its name from an episode in what previous series?
3. What breed of dog is Captain Archer's pet, Porthos?
4. What was the first two-part episode in Star Trek?
5. How many Star Trek actors have directed Star Trek films?
6. Before appearing in Star Trek: Picard, when did Patrick Stewart last play the iconic Captain?
7. DeForest Kelly and Doctor McCoy both come from what US State?
8. What is the title of the Star Trek: Discovery spin-off, planned to come out in 2021 or 2022?
9. What was the first year to have two Star Trek series debut in the same year?
What is the name of Data's cat?
The Geeky Round
1. What treat did Gabriel Lorca keep on his desk?
2. Hikaru Sulu was born in what city?
3. John DeLancie has played Q in how many Star Trek series?
4. The Star Trek: Enterprise finale is a holoprogram Riker is using during what Next Generation episode?
5. What breed is Picard's dog, Number One?
6. What is the name of Hikaru Sulu's daughter?
7. The Star Trek ride, Klingon Encounter, was located in what city?
8. Speaking of Klingon Encounter, what ride replaced it in 2004?
9. What 2000 First Person shooter game was based on Star Trek: Voyager?
10. Who became the Enterprise's first officer when Picard was assimilated by the Borg?
The Nerdy Round
1. What breed is Kirk's dog, Butler?
2. What class of ship is the USS Discovery?
3. Costars Anthony Rapp and Wilson Cruz also appeared together in what Broadway show?
4. The USS Cerritos is named after a city in what US state?
5. The Chateau Picard vineyards first appeared in what TNG episode?
6. What class of ship is the USS Enterprise - E?
7. Who was the captain of the Enterprise - C?
8. The Defiant was added to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in what season?
9. What episode marked the final appearance of Jennifer Lien as Kes, in Voyager?
10. In The Trouble with Tribbles, who is selling the titular creatures?
The Freaky Round
1. What class of ship is the USS Enterprise - C?
2. What was the first Star Trek arcade game?
3. As a young boy, Kirk witnessed a massacre while living on what planet?
4. The book series, Star Trek: New Frontier, follows the crew of what starship?
5. What writer appeared as an extra during the DS9 episode 'Trials and Tribble-ations'?
6. How many years was it between the two fully animated Star Trek series?
7. Star Trek DS9 was 'relaunched' in 2003 with that novel?
8. Which Star Trek Discovery character is named after a real person?
9. What was the working title for Star Trek: Picard?
10. When Deep Space Nine's writers brainstormed a season 8 for the documentary, What We Left Behind, who was captain of the Defiant?
And we’re done. Take a breather and walk it off. 40 questions is pretty tough.
Thanks to everyone who has been listening to us all these episodes. And even your folks that are just starting out. This has been a lot of fun and I look forward to doing this for another hundred and more. Speaking of more, here’s your hint for next week’s episode and our last for the year:
What do the movies San Andreas, Airport 1975, the Poseidon Adventure and the entire year of 2020 all have in common?
I hope everyone has a safe and healthy holiday season. I’ll see you one more time before we wrap up 2020.
This has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. The music has been by Jason Shaw.
Thanks for listening and live long and prosper.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.
1 thought on “100 | Star Trek Trivia Spectacular”
Congrats on 100!
Comments are closed.