They were weird and they were wonderful. Those fantasy films of the 1980s. The same decade that saw the rise and fall of Dungeons and Dragons had a plethora of fantastic films to inspire and delight. Let’s get started with 80s Fantasy Movie trivia.
If you’re like me, and grew up in the 80s, many of these movies are near and dear to your heart. They were so kooky and so cool. We watched these movies late into the night (when we weren’t playing D&D or Atari).
What are your favorite 80s fantasy movies? Excalibur? Dune? Or something weirder and more wonderful?
Only one more episode before we hit the big 100! Be sure to subscribe and be ready for it!
When you’re done with 80s Fantasy Movie Trivia, take a few moments to answer our two feedback questions at the bottom of this page. This helps us to maintain the right level of difficulty for our questions and lets us know which topics you like.
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Hey gang, this is episode 98 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Last week, we visited the 70s, so this week, we’re going to hit the 1980’s. Specifically, all those weird and wonderful fantasy films to come out of that decade.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. Each round will be a little harder than the one before. If you need score cards, rules, or want to find more episodes, visit the show at dorkygeekynerdy.com. And be sure to say hi.
I think that about sets up the summoning spell, so prick your finger, and let’s get that portal open.
The Dorky Round
2. There are lots of Arthurian adaptations out there, but which one had Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson, and Helen Mirren?
10. Though he plays a married father of two, Warwick Davis was only 17 when he starred in what movie?
The Geeky Round
1. One year before he played Maverick in Top Gun, Tom Cruise starred in what Ridley Scott fantasy film?
7. Ariel from The Little Mermaid was changed from a Blonde to a Redhead to avoid confusion with what 1984 mermaid movie?
10. The Glave is one of the weapons used in the final battle of Ready Player One. From what 1983 movie does the Glave come from?
The Nerdy Round
7. Scientist, Slave Master, Ornamentalist, and Treasurer were some of the villains in what 1982 movie?
10. The Chinese characters in the main title of what movie translate to 'Evil Spirits Make a Big Scene in Little Spiritual State'?
And that’s it for this week’s show. 98 episodes down. Be sure to come back in two weeks for our 100th episode. I promise something extra special. Next week, for episode 99, we have something for my fellow thespians. Here’s your clue:
Which is kind of ironic, since they heyday for the genre was back in the 50’s and 60’s.
Thanks for listening and be careful what you feed after midnight.
Copyright 2019-2022 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered.Follow the show: