99 episodes! Next week is the big 100! For now, we’re going to talk about Movie Musical trivia. These are either original musicals for the big screen or adaptations of stage musicals.
Either way, we’re going have some fun and maybe sing along, if you know the words (and even if you don’t, we won’t judge).
When you’re done with Movie Musical trivia, we’d love it if you took a moment to fill out our super-simple, two-question feedback form at the bottom of this page. We need your help in making sure the difficulty is just right and that we keep the topics from getting stale.
You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. We’d love to chat, swap questions, and generally have a good time with you folks.
It’s the end of the year, so it’s time to get yourself and your loved ones new calendars! Geek out with some cool calendars from Calendars.com.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
Ready to learn more about musicals and theater? Check out these other podcasts. And let them know Dorky Geeky Nerdy sent you.
More Like This Episode
Liked this episode? We have more like this topic. Check out these episodes or see a full list of all our shows.
Hey gang. Welcome to the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and for our 99th episode, we’re diving into movie musicals. Specifically, film adaptations of stage musicals or musicals that originated on film.
We’re into the holiday season and what better time than to watch and sing along with your favorite films. As always, we’ve got three rounds of ten questions each. If you’re looking for rules or score cards, you can find both at dorkygeekynerdy.com/rules.
I think that about covers things and I hear the overture starting, so let’s get started.
The Dorky Round
3. From what film did Rex Harrison dedicate his Academy Award win to Audry Heburn and Julie Andrews?
5. What Great Depression-era musical was adapted for the big screen in 1982, then again in a modern setting, in 2014?
7. Ironically, the debut of what movie musical came several months after Ringling Brothers, Barnum, and Baily Circus ceased doing performances?
8. What 2012 movie musical made the unusual choice of recording all the singing live on set, rather than rerecording it in a music studio?
The Geeky Round
1. Significant rewrites were made to the 1961 adaptation of what musical to make it less patronizing to the Asian-American community?
2. Norman Jewison, when brought in to direct what film, said to executives at United Artists, 'You know I'm not Jewish, right?'
5. The crew had only 30 minutes between 7:20 and 7:50 pm to film the freeway dance number in what movie?
The Nerdy Round
3. What actress provided the singing voice for Audry Hepburn in My Fair Lady and Natalie Wood in West Side Story?
7. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, who wrote the music for The Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast, also did the music for what 1986 horror musical?
9. Tim Burton directed Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in two movies in 2005. The first was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. What was the second?
10. All the songs in The Muppet Movie were written by Paul Williams and Kenny Ascher except one. Which one?
And that’s it for this week’s episode. I hope you had fun and maybe found a few new musicals to check out during the holiday season.
We’ll be back again next week for our…drum roll please…100th episode. The time really does fly by. Maybe that’s just 2020. Here’s your clue for next week:
“As of December 2020, what franchise has no less than five TV series in production or pre-production?”
And I promise, this episode is going to be big and fun. I hope to see you back here next Wednesday.
This has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me and my other projects at Thevoicesinmyhead.com. The music has been by Jason Shaw. You can find his work at audionautix.com.
Thanks for listening.
Thanks for taking the time to fill out our feedback form. It’s critical to helping us keep the difficulty just right and helps knowing what topics you like best.
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.