Something fishy this way comes. This week, for the 239th episode of Dorky Geeky Nerdy, we have Aquaman Trivia. Dive into thirty questions about the underwater superhero.
When you’re done with Aquaman Trivia, check out the other superhero trivia episodes we’ve had in the past four years.
We could also use your reviews on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Podchaser. Thanks!
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews & Support
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Ready to “dive in” to some trivia? I bet you are. Hey swimmers, I’m your host Brian Rollins and this is episode 239 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week it’s all about Aquaman Trivia.
He’s one of those iconic superheroes from the past and present, so it’s long past time we got into his history and his villains.
If you’re new to DGN, welcome. Every week we have thirty trivia questions about a different topic. We cover a lot of different things from sci-fi to fantasy to horror. And comic books like we’re doing right now.
If you’d like to learn more about the show, visit DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
And without further ado, let’s get started.
The Dorky Round
- What’s Aquaman’s real name?
a. Arthur Curry
- What company currently publishes Aquaman?
a. DC comics
- Who plays Aquaman in the current Warner Bros movies?
a. Jason Momoa
- What kind of weapon does Aquaman typically use?
a. A trident
- David Hyde is Aquaman’s archnemesis and goes by what name?
a. Black Manta
- Aquaman is half-human and half what?
- Starting in 1960, Aquaman became a founding member of what team?
a. The Justice League (which at the time was the Justice League of America)
- Kaldur, appearing on the Young Justice series, also used what nickname?
- Aquaman’s classic costume features what two colors?
a. Orange and green
- Other than breathing underwater and enhanced strength, what is Aquaman’s unique power?
a. Marine telepath
The Geeky Round
- Orm Marius, Arthur’s half-brother, goes by what name?
a. Ocean Master
- What was Arthur’s father’s occupation?
a. Lighthouse keeper
- What is the name of the upcoming Aquaman movie?
a. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
- Who was Aquaman’s mentor (played in the movies by Willem Dafoe)?
- What is the name of Arthur Curry’s wife?
- Starting in 1967, Aquaman appeared in animated form in an hour-long show shared with what other superhero?
- Running from 1973 to 1986, Aquaman was a staple of what animated series?
a. Super Friends
- Jason Momoa first portrayed Arthur Curry in what 2016 film?
a. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Aquaman’s sidekick, Aqualad, grew up and took what name?
- Aquaman’s hand was restored during the events in what crossover series?
a. Blackest Night
The Nerdy Round
- What supervillain caused the loss of Aquaman’s hand?
- What pair is credited with creating Aquaman?
a. Mort Weisinger & Paul Norris
- What is Arthur Curry’s Atlantean name?
- Who directed both live-action Aquaman movies?
a. James Wan
- What Star Wars actor plays Tom Curry, Arthur’s father?
a. Temuera Morrison
- Aquaman first debuted in what year?
a. 1941. November, specifically. One month before the attack on Pearl Harbor for context.
- What villainess is the identical sister Mera?
- What is the name of Aquaman’s doppleganger from Netherspace?
- Peter Mortimer is a deep-sea diver and pirate that goes by what name?
- What is Black Manta’s real name?
a. David Hyde
And we’re back on the surface. Everyone make it? I hope so.
So, we had Pirates and now Aquaman. I think my subconscious is trying to tell me I need a nice oceanside vacation.
What’s your favorite Aquaman iteration? I have to admit, I find Jason Momoa’s version to be delightfully fun. Let me know on social media or Spotify what you think. And what superhero I should cover in a future episode.
I’ll be back next week with another thirty trivia questions. Here’s something to mull over in the meantime.
If you’re studying things like canthus and lunula, what are you learning about?
I don’t remember the last time we had a science trivia episode. Roll up your sleeves and get ready next Wednesday.
This was episode 239 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The theme music was by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
This podcast is written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. You can dive into my other work at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2024 by Brian Rollins
This podcast was released under a Creative Commons, Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives 4.0 International license. Permission denied for use in AI training.