Think fast, it’s time for some trivia. In my attempt to catch up on superhero trivia, I realized I’ve missed the Scarlet Speedster. So, let’s do some Flash trivia for this week’s episode of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
When you’re done with Flash Trivia, please consider becoming a supporter of the show. You can find out more on our Support page.
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Quick! It’s time for some trivia.
Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this is episode 229 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, it’s all about Flash Trivia. The Scarlet Speedster has been thrilling comic book fans for over 80 years and now he’s front and center for thirty trivia questions.
Plus, he’s got his own movie this Summer and I didn’t want you to go into it uninformed.
If you need rules or score cards, visit DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. And, in honor of The Flash, I’m cutting the timer from 5 seconds down to 2.
Just kidding, you’ll get your usual five. But think fast, because here we go.
The Dorky Round
- What controversy-prone actor is playing The Flash in the 2023 movie of the same name?
a. Ezra Miller
- Starting in 1956 and through the mid-80s, who was the man in the Flash’s scarlet suit?
a. Barry Allen
- Superman has Metropolis and Batman has Gotham. Where does The Flash call home?
a. Central City
- What company currently publishes The Flash
a. DC Comics
- Leonard Snart is the real name for what chilly supervillain that often faces off against The Flash?
a. Captain Cold
- Which Flash villain can use reflective surfaces as a means of travel?
a. Mirror Master
- Villain Eobard Thawne has been called the Reverse-Flash, but also what scholarly moniker?
a. Professor Zoom
- Kid Flash was a member of what young superhero team?
a. Teen Titans
- While there is some variety in the various Flash costumes, what symbol is used by all of them?
a. A lightning bolt
- Which Australian-born villain faces off against Flash when he’s not a member of the Suicide Squad?
a. Captain Boomerang
The Geeky Round
- Who starred as the title character in The Flash TV series starting in 2014?
a. Grant Gustin
- Though many people have used the moniker, who was the first Flash?
a. Jay Garrick
- What extradimensional energy source gives The Flash his powers?
a. The Speed Force
- Who took over as Flash starting in 1986?
a. Barry Allen’s nephew, Wally West
- Barry Allen died during what DC Comics miniseries?
a. Crisis on Infinite Earths
- What telepathic great ape often clashes with The Flash?
a. Gorilla Grodd
- Who is faster, The Flash or Superman?
a. In The Adventures of Superman #463, The Flash beats Superman in a running race.
- Starting in 1940, Flash became an inaugural member of what superhero team?
a. The Justice Society of America. Flash was also an inaugural member of the Justice League in 1960.
- Barry Allen gained his powers though random chemicals being struck by what?
- What 2011 DC Crossover event had Flash at the center of events where Thomas Wayne was Batman and Aquaman and Wonder Woman were at war?
The Nerdy Round
- Who starred as The Flash in the 1990 TV series?
a. John Wesley Shipp
- What pair is credited with creating The Flash?
a. Gardner Fox & Harry Lampert
- The Flash first appeared in what year?
a. Though the cover date was January 1940, his debut comic was released in November 1939.
- What was Barry Allen’s “day job”?
a. Forensic Scientist
- What Smallville actor voiced The Flash in the early 2000’s Justice League series?
a. Michael Rosenbaum
- What was Jay Garrick’s “occupation” when he became The Flash
a. College Student
- August Heart, one of Barry Allen’s best friends, became what speedy supervillain?
- The superhero, Impulse, is actually who?
a. Bart Allen, Barry Allen’s grandson
- Jay Garrick got his powers after inhaling what?
a. Heavy water vapor. Don’t try that at home, kids.
- What company originally published The Flash?
a. All-American Publications. It would merge with DC in 1944.
And we’re back. Hopefully you didn’t create any world-altering paradoxes along the way. And, even if you did, you’d be the only one to know about it. Either way, I hope you enjoyed the show. I learned I’m woefully behind on my comic book reading. I need to pick up some back issues and start reading. Where’s a good place to start? Let me know on Spotify or social media.
I’ll be back here next week with another thirty questions. Here’s a clue:
What country can trace its origins back to unification in 3150 BC?
Another country episode? Absolutely. With the 50 states episodes last season, I do want to catch up on more country trivia this season. And this country has a LOT of history.
This was episode 229 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The theme music is by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. If you need royalty-free music for your podcast, video, or whatever, go check him out.
This podcast was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. Come find out what else I’m working on at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thank for listening.
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.