Look up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Superman Trivia this week.
It’s episode 103 and I am a little embarrassed that it has taken so long to get around to such an iconic character as Superman. But, we rectify this today!
The character has seen many incarnations over his storied history, so there’s a lot of Superman Trivia to dive into. From radio, to TV, to the big screen, Superman is one of (if not THE) most iconic superheroes of all time.
If you’re a fan of The Man of Steel or any of the members of his rogues gallery, you are in for a treat in this week’s episode.
So pull on your tights and we will get this show on the road.
When you’re done with Superman Trivia this week, please take a moment to fill answer our quick, two-question survey at the bottom of the page. It’s a big help in making sure the episodes are both fun but not too difficult.
We intend to have a lot more superhero episodes this year, so stay tuned. If you want to make sure we get your favorite hero (or villain), send us a note. You can use the Contact form on this site or reach out to us on Facebook and Twitter. We love hearing from the listeners.
Your clue for next week’s episode:
The native name for what island nation translates to “The Land of the Long White Cloud”?
Need a calendar for 2021? Look no further. Geeky calendars for the fandom of your choice. And pretty cheap, too. Grab yourself an organizer for your home or office and help support the show!
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
- Comic Book Physics Podcast (From co-host Blaine Dowler!)
- The Old Time Radio Superman Show
- From Crisis to Crisis: A Superman Podcast
More Like This Episode
Look! Down in your podcast feed. It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Episode 103 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this week we’ve got thirty questions about that iconic superhero, Superman.
As always, we’ve got three rounds to test your true geekiness. Play alone or with your friends and family. If you need rules, score cards, or want to listen to past episodes, visit us at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
I think that covers the basics, so let’s get started, shall we?
The Dorky Round
1. Who created the character of Superman?
2. Who initially published Superman?
3. Though created in 1933, when was Superman first published?
4. What is Superman's secret identity?
5. Who is the Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Planet?
6. What is the name of Superman's arctic home?
7. Who played Superman in the TV series, Smallville?
8. In what Superman movie does the Man of Steel crusade for Nuclear Disarmament?
9. Henry Cavill debuted as Superman in what movie?
10. How does Superman wipe Lois' memory at the end of Superman II?
The Geeky Round
1. What is Superman's birth name?
2. Superman 'died' at the hands of what villain in 1992?
3. What's the name of Superman's dog?
4. The first Superman video game was released for what home console?
5. Who was Superman's first Super-Villain?
6. In 2012, Clark Kent quit the Daily Planet and switched to what occupation?
7. Who played Superman in the TV series, Lois & Clark?
8. Who helped Christopher Reeve work out to prepare for his role as Superman?
9. Who got his role in Superman III because of a joke on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson?
10. Who played Superman in The Adventures of Superman in the 1950's?
The Nerdy Round
1. Who was the editor for Superman comics from 1941 to 1970?
2. When did the radio program, The Adventures of Superman, debut?
3. Long before Spider-Man: Turn of the Dark, Superman hit Broadway with what musical?
4. What is Clark Kent's middle name?
5. What make and model of car is Superman holding in Action Comics #1?
6. What does Black Kryptonite do to Kryptonians?
7. What is the name of the robot that maintains Superman's home?
8. In the 1948 serial, Superman, who played the title character?
9. What US town has a Superman museum?
10. The 1978 Superman film stayed at the top of the box office for how many weeks?
And we’re done. I’m glad we finally covered one of the most iconic characters around. I’ve got a lot more comic book characters in the schedule for 2021, so stay tuned. The schedule for the year isn’t done yet, so if there’s a specific character or topic you want covered, be sure to drop me a comment on DorkyGeekyNerdy.com and let me know what I’ve missed.
We’ll be back again next week for another episode. Here’s your clue:
“The native name for what island translates to ‘The Land of the Long White Cloud’?”
Oh yeah, we’re going on vacation, folks. See you back here, next Wednesday.
This has been episode 103 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw over at audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.