Grab your power ring and get ready for some Green Lantern Trivia. For our second episode of Season Five, we’re back to having some comic book fun for Dorky Geeky Nerdy.
When you’re all done with Green Lantern Trivia, please take a moment to send me some feedback on the episode. You can use the quick little form at the bottom of the page or contact me via the Contact Page on this site. Thanks and have a great rest of the week.
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
It’s been a long time since we’ve done a comic book episode, so let’s have one now. Hey gang, I’m your host Brian Rollins and this is episode 215 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. For our second episode of Season Five, we’ve got Green Lantern Trivia.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. Each round is a little hard than the one before. If you need rules of scorecards, visit DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
I think that covers the basics, so let’s get started.
The Dorky Round
- Which Green Lantern was the first to wear the now-iconic green & black costume?
- What former Green Lantern formed his own Corps centered around Yellow Power Rings?
- Who starred as Green Lantern in the 2011 movie?
Ryan Reynolds. The upside of it bombing is that we got the Deadpool movies.
- What android force pre-dates the Green Lanterns?
- What was the name given to the group of reanimated members of the Green Lantern Corps?
The Black Lanterns
- In the 1970s, Green Lantern was paired with what socially conscious superhero?
- What attribute does all good Green Lanterns possess?
- Who played Sinestro in the 2011 Green Lantern film?
- Green Lantern is currently published by which company?
- Prior to becoming the Green Lantern, what was Hal Jordan’s occupation?
The Geeky Round
- Phil LaMarr voiced which Green Lantern in the early 2000s animated Justice League series?
- What planet is home to the Green Lantern Corps?
- What ancient alien race oversees the Green Lantern Corps?
- Whose ring does Hal Jordan inherit?
- Which Green Lantern, first appearing in 2014, is from Honduras?
- What emotion drives the Red Lanterns?
- Instead of Will, what powers the Yellow Rings?
- After stepping into the Central Power Battery, Kyle Rayner becomes what villain?
- What giant zombie was first written as a villain for the first Green Lantern?
- Who was the backup Lantern to Hal Jordan?
The Nerdy Round
- Who was the first Green Lantern, beginning in 1940?
- Green Lantern was first published in what comic?
- Hailing from Bolovax Vix, who is the primary trainer for the Green Lantern Corps?
- The unfortunate trope, “Stuffed in the Fridge” comes from the death of what character?
Alexandra DeWitt. At the time, she was Kyle Raynor’s girlfriend.
- Blue rings are powered by what?
- Which color of ring is powered by avarice?
- Alan Scott’s ring was vulnerable to attacks from what material?
- Originally, how often did a Power Ring need recharging?
Every 24 hours
- Which member of the Lantern Corps tried, and failed, to save the planet Krypton?
- Who is credited with creating the first Green Lantern?
Martin Nodell and Bill Finger
“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might
Beware my power–Green Lantern’s light!”
I hope you had fun or at least learned something new. The Green Lantern comics are long and varied. Just researching this episode led me to realize how woefully behind I am in my comic book reading. Who is your favorite Green Lantern? Let me know on Facebook or Twitter. Or comment on the site if you like. Also, these episodes eventually go up on YouTube, so let me know there if you listen via that platform.
We’ll be back next week with another episode of the show. Here’s a clue to tide you over:
What was the third film to ever make $2 billion?
Tricky clue this time. I want to work your brains a bit. No cheating and looking on Box Office Mojo, OK?
I’ll see you back here next Wednesday.
This was episode 215 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The theme music is by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
This podcast was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. Come find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.