Who’s up for some Harry Potter Trivia? Every great journey has to start somewhere. The billion dollar plus franchise got its start with Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Or, to us North Americans, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Either way, it’s past time we went into the Wizarding World and the 20th episode seemed like the perfect time to do it.
Grab your wand and quills and get to class. You don’t want detention with Snape again!
When you’re done with your O.W.L. exams, please take a moment to subscribe, review, and rate the podcast. We need your help to spread the word and share the show with others.
You can also follow us on all sorts of social media platforms. You can find Dorky Geeky Nerdy on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.
Be the chosen one of your family and surprise them with a trip to Universal Orlando where you visit Hogsmead and Diagon Alley. It’s so cool! Be sure to try the Butterbeer.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Lord of the Rings
- Game of Thrones
Every great journey has to start somewhere.
Hello. I’m Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky, Geeky, Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we hit the 20 episode mark. And with it, we hit one of the most popular books of all time, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Or, as we Americans know it, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Either way, this book kicked off the billion-plus dollar franchise and had kids (and more than a few adults) checking the skies for an owl bearing their acceptance letter to Hogwarts.
If you’re new to the show, welcome. If not, welcome back. We’ll give you 3 rounds of 10 questions each. If you need a scorecard or scoring rules, head over to DorkyGeekyNerdy.com/rules.
Got it? Excellent. Time to head off to class. Better hurry, you don’t want detention with Snape again.
The Dorky Round
- The Dursley’s live at what address?
Number 4, Privet Drive
- What’s Harry’s birthday?
July 31, 1980
- What’s the title of the first chapter?
The Boy Who Lived.
- Ron tries to turn Scabbers what color?
- What color is the ink on Harry’s letters from Hogwarts?
- Whose bike does Hagrid borrow to bring Harry to his Aunt and Uncle’s?
- Who is the first Weasley that Harry meets?
- The mountain troll invades Hogwarts on what day?
October 31st, Halloween
- What kind of owl is Hedwig?
A Snowy Owl
- Who teaches History of Magic?
The Geeky Round
- Who does Uncle Vernon work for?
Grunnings. They make drills
- How does the trio defeat the Devil’s Snare?
Hermione conjures fire
- What’s the last obstacle blocking the way to the sorcerer’s stone?
A potion puzzle
- What are Ravenclaw’s house colors?
Blue and bronze
- What is the name of the goblin that guides Harry and Hagrid underneath Gringotts?
- After the Sorting Ceremony, what is the password to Gryffendor Tower given by Percy?
- Where does Harry first meet Draco Malfoy?
In Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions
- Fang, Hagrid’s dog, is what breed?
- Who was the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team?
- Quirrell found Voldemort in what country?
The Nerdy Round
- What was Aunt Petunia expecting on the doorstep when she found baby Harry?
- What is the shape of the scar on Dumbledore’s left knee?
It’s shaped like the London Underground
- What treat does Dudley and his friend get at the zoo?
A knickerbocker glory
- Who had a giant tarantula on the train to Hogwarts?
- Ollivander’s has been in business since what year?
- Who was the first student called in the Sorting Ceremony?
Hannah Abbot. She was sorted into Hufflepuff.
- Who said, “Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.”?
- What is Professor Quirrell’s first name?
- How did Mrs. Figg break her leg?
Tripping over one of her cats.
- What is the name of Nicholas Flamel’s wife?
That’s it class, wands and quills away!
I hope you enjoyed this episode and thanks for joining us for 20 games. We’re just getting going and looking forward to doing more Wizarding World episodes along with much more. Speaking of more, here’s your clue for next week’s episode:
“While most movie studios operate in and around Hollywood, CA, what studio makes its home in the Bay Area city of Emeryville?”
Head over to DorkyGeekyNerdy.com for links to past episodes and how to find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. If you want to help keep us going, check out our book of the week. Since you probably already own a copy of the Harry Potter books, we’re recommending the newly released Harry Potter, A History of Magic. It follows the real-world origins of the Wizarding World mythos along with photos and illustrations. There’s also an audiobook version narrated by Game of Thrones actress Natalie Dormer that has audio clips of interviews with academics and the people behind the Harry Potter world.
That’s it for me. I have to get the owls ready to distribute the episode out to all our subscribers. I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and thanks for listening.
4 thoughts on “20 | Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Trivia”
Great episode. I love Harry Potter and the Wizarding world stuff. Digging into HP trivia is me and my friends fav.
More HP trivia please! Love that these were book-focused, not movies.
Heya i am for the first time here.
Comments are closed.