Hey Bub, you ready for some X-Men Trivia? Join Professor Charles Xavier and the whole crew for some x-tremely x-citing trivia this episode as a run-up to the new movie, X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Now that Fox is owned by Disney, the Marvel movie rights for this franchise might now roll over into the MCU. We’ll have to wait and see.
Additionally, we have a shout out to Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men podcast for ideas and info.
After you’re done with your x-cellent adventure with X-Men Trivia, please take a moment to subscribe, review, and rate the podcast. We need your help to spread the word and share the show with others.
More Like This Episode
Are you ready for some trivia, Bub?
With the new movie, Dark Phoenix hitting theaters this weekend, it seemed a perfect time to have an episode dedicated to everyone’s favorite mutants, the X-Men.
Hey there. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia podcast. Every week we bring you a fresh batch of thirty trivia questions. We break it down into three rounds of ten questions each.
If you’re looking for the rules, you can find some at dorkygeekynerdy.com/rules. You’re also welcome to make some up on your own. We’re not super picky.
I’d like to take a moment and do a shout out to the podcast, Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men. Their show served as a resource for several of the questions we have here. You can find them at xplainthexmen.com (there’s no e at the beginning). I’ll have a link as well on the show notes for this episode on dorkygeekynerdy.com.
Sharpen your claws, polish your goggles, and cinch up your spandex. The world needs saving and questions need answering.
The Dorky Round
2. Adjectiveless X-Men #1, created by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee, set which record in 1990 which it still holds to this day?
10. Which New Mutants and X-Force adversary was conceived as a mostly silent parallel to DC's Deathstroke?
The Geeky Round
4. Which legendary Batman artist was assigned to the X-Men after requesting a job on Marvel's worst selling title?
5. Which 1995 event saw all of the current X-titles replaced with new titles for several months, set in an alternate timeline?
8. Which Daredevil villain was intended to fill the role Apocalypse filled early in the X-Factor run?
9. Which superfan figured out how to bring Jean Grey back from the dead, and later wrote for both Marvel and DC?
The Nerdy Round
7. Before Jim Shooter got involved and demanded the return of Jean Grey, who would have been the token female member of X-Factor?
10. What does Wolverine canon consider his home province, even though the province didn't exist until decades after he left the area?
You make it through the Danger Room with your whole team intact? That’s it for this week’s episode. Thanks for joining us. Like I said earlier, we do this every week. Here’s a clue for next week’s episode.
You can find us on DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. From there, you can find our Book of the Week for this episode, The Dark Phoenix Saga. You can also find links to follow us on social media or just drop us a line.
See you next time. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me and my other projects at thevoicesinmyhead.com. As always, thanks for listening.