Hey Bub, you ready for some X-Men Trivia? Join Professor Charles Xavier and the whole crew for some x-tremely x-citing trivia this episode as a run-up to the new movie, X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Now that Fox is owned by Disney, the Marvel movie rights for this franchise might now roll over into the MCU. We’ll have to wait and see.
Additionally, we have a shout out to Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men podcast for ideas and info.
After you’re done with your x-cellent adventure with X-Men Trivia, please take a moment to subscribe, review, and rate the podcast. We need your help to spread the word and share the show with others.
You can also follow us on all sorts of social media platforms. You can find Dorky Geeky Nerdy on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.
More Like This Episode
Are you ready for some trivia, Bub?
With the new movie, Dark Phoenix hitting theaters this weekend, it seemed a perfect time to have an episode dedicated to everyone’s favorite mutants, the X-Men.
Hey there. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia podcast. Every week we bring you a fresh batch of thirty trivia questions. We break it down into three rounds of ten questions each.
If you’re looking for the rules, you can find some at dorkygeekynerdy.com/rules. You’re also welcome to make some up on your own. We’re not super picky.
I’d like to take a moment and do a shout out to the podcast, Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men. Their show served as a resource for several of the questions we have here. You can find them at xplainthexmen.com (there’s no e at the beginning). I’ll have a link as well on the show notes for this episode on dorkygeekynerdy.com.
Sharpen your claws, polish your goggles, and cinch up your spandex. The world needs saving and questions need answering.
The Dorky Round
1. What is Professor X's real name?
2. Adjectiveless X-Men #1, created by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee, set which record in 1990 which it still holds to this day?
3. Len Wein and Dave Cockrum relaunched the franchise with which issue?
4. Which archnemesis/antihero survived the Nazi concentration camps?
5. What is Beast's real name?
6. Nightcrawler leaves a scent of what behind when he teleports?
7. Hailing from Russia, what mutant can transform himself into organic steel?
8. What mutant gets married to T'Challa in 2006?
9. What organization, led by Sebastian Shaw, often faces off against the X-Men?
10. Which New Mutants and X-Force adversary was conceived as a mostly silent parallel to DC's Deathstroke?
The Geeky Round
1. Who were the two primary creators of the Dark Phoenix Saga?
2. Who were the founding members of the X-Men when the comic was first published?
3. In what year was the first X-Men comic published?
4. Which legendary Batman artist was assigned to the X-Men after requesting a job on Marvel's worst selling title?
5. Which 1995 event saw all of the current X-titles replaced with new titles for several months, set in an alternate timeline?
6. Moira MacTaggart's lab is located on what island?
7. What are the lenses of Cyclops' visor made of?
8. Which Daredevil villain was intended to fill the role Apocalypse filled early in the X-Factor run?
9. Which superfan figured out how to bring Jean Grey back from the dead, and later wrote for both Marvel and DC?
10. Professor X dated the Majestrix of which alien race?
The Nerdy Round
1. In the E is for Extinction story, what country was destroyed?
2. Mutants were known as what, during the Marvel 1602 storyline?
3. Mortimer Toynbee is better known as what in the X-Men comics?
4. Which X-Man's real name was 'Slim' for three issues before revealing his birth name?
5. How did Xavier lose the use of his legs in the comic book canon?
6. Which villain deliberately named himself after the greatest evil mankind has ever conceived?
7. Before Jim Shooter got involved and demanded the return of Jean Grey, who would have been the token female member of X-Factor?
8. What was the title of the X-Men/Star Trek: The Next Generation crossover novel?
9. In the unaired 'Kitty Pryde of the X-Men' animated pilot, what nationality was Wolverine?
10. What does Wolverine canon consider his home province, even though the province didn't exist until decades after he left the area?
You make it through the Danger Room with your whole team intact? That’s it for this week’s episode. Thanks for joining us. Like I said earlier, we do this every week. Here’s a clue for next week’s episode.
“There are two books that have sold over a billion copies. One is the Bible. What’s the other one?”
You can find us on DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. From there, you can find our Book of the Week for this episode, The Dark Phoenix Saga. You can also find links to follow us on social media or just drop us a line.
See you next time. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me and my other projects at thevoicesinmyhead.com. As always, thanks for listening.
1 thought on “18 | X-Men Trivia”
I’ve been a fan since hte cartoon in the 90’s. Love my X-Men (just wish the movies were better).
Comments are closed.