Oh no, there goes Tokyo.
This week we dodge the giant feet and awesome breath of Godzilla and the many monsters that have come with him.
Thirty questions, as always, in three distinct rounds (Dorky, Geeky, and Nerdy). Each round gets harder than the last. You’ll have five seconds after I read the question to answer. If you need scoring rules or a score sheet, you can find those on our Rules page.
If you cook up your own rules at home, feel free to share them with us. We’d love to hear from you and we’d love to expand our homebrew rule book.
A huge, Godzilla-sized thank you to Luke Jaconetti from the Earth Destruction Directive for helping out with this episode’s questions!
Once you’ve survived the devastation and finished Godzilla Trivia, please take a moment to subscribe, review, and rate the podcast. We need your help to spread the word and share the show with others. Feel free to send us direct feedback on each episodes’ quality and difficulty by using the form at the bottom of this page. It helps us to improve and tweak each episode’s questions to be just the right difficulty and the perfect amount of fun.
Get some Kaiju-sized sound in your home and support the podcast when you click below and get yourself some nice speakers.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Oh no. There goes Tokyo.
Hey there, I’m your host Brian Rollins, and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Every week we delve into a geeky trivia topic. This week, we’re heading across the Pacific to visit Godzilla and his fellow monsters in preparation for this week’s new movie, Godzilla, King of Monsters.
The show format is pretty simple: Three rounds of ten questions each. Each round (Dorky, Geeky, and Nerdy respectively) get harder as we go on. If you’d like some scoring rules, check out dorkygeekynerdy.com/rules.
OK, let’s get this show on the road.
The Dorky Round
- Godzilla premiered in what year?
- Godzilla faced off against what great ape in 1962?
King Kong (in the film King Kong vs Godzilla)
- What was the second Godzilla movie called?
Godzilla Raids Again. It came out in 1955
- What is the generic term for Godzilla and other giant monsters?
Daikaiju or just kaiju
- What is the name of the robotic version of Godzilla?
- What kaiju resembles a giant pteranodon?
Rodan (His name is a shortening of pteranodon) This is especially true of his Japanese name, Radon
- What is the name of the three-headed creature that faces off against Godzilla?
- Which Canadian actor was spliced into the movie “Gojira” in an attempt to make it more accessible to North American audiences?
- One of the most popular Godzilla films was released in the US as Godzilla vs The Thing. Who is Godzilla’s opponent in this film?
- How many Godzilla films have been featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000?
Two (Sea Monster and Megalon)
The Geeky Round
- Who directed the first Godzilla movie?
- Gorjira is a portmanteau of what two Japanese words?
Gorira (Gorilla) and Kujira (Whale)
- Godzilla was given what Hollywood honor in 2004?
He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his 50th anniversary
- What Japanese film company produces these films?
Toho Co. Ltd
- First appearing in Son of Godzilla, Kumonga is a giant what?
- What is the name of the giant flying turtle kaiju who starred in films from a rival studio?
Gamera -Gamera is a Daei character and is not a Toho monster.
- In 1971, Godzilla battled the Smog Monster, a monster made of pollution and trash. What is this monster’s name?
- What is the name of the device which killed Godzilla in 1954?
- What previously unknown planet in our solar system uses monster to invade Earth in Monster Zero (1965)?
- What is the name of the creatures Godzilla battled in Godzilla 2014?
MUTO (Massive Unknown Terrestrial Organism)
Book of the Week
Now it’s time for a quick break. We have a promo for the Earth Destructive Directive podcast. The host, Luke Jaconetti (Jack-on-etty) was kind enough to help us out with the questions this week. Take a listen.
Again, thanks Luke and be sure to tune in to Earth Destructive Directive podcast. We’ll have a link it in our show notes.
And now, back to the show.
The Nerdy Round
- In Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla attacks what two cities?
New York City and Tokyo
- In Godzilla 1985, Godzilla battled a state of the art flying tank. What was its name?
- Akihiko Hirata famously wore an eyepatch as Dr. Serizawa in the original Godzilla. What other Godzilla film does Hirata appear in with an eyepatch?
Godzilla vs The Sea Monster
- This 1956 follow up to Godzilla was voluntarily pulled from release and the Japanese version has never been released on home media. What is the name of the movie?
- What is the name of Godzilla’s ally who is the defender of the royal family of Okinawa?
- What is the name of the legendary Japanese composer who scored the original Godzilla and many others?
- This monster was created by genetically engineering Godzilla cells, a rose, and a human soul. What monster is this?
- What is the name of the monster created to defend the spirit of the Earth, a dark mirror of Mothra?
- What is the name of the recurring psychic character who appeared in the Godzilla films of the 80s and 90s?
- A modified Godzilla suit was used as the monster Jirass in an episode of which beloved Japanese superhero show?
Everybody safe and sound in the bunker? Good. Again, a huge thanks to Luke from Earth Destruction Directive for the assist this episode 5. You can find a link to that podcast on the show notes for this episode at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
We’re back next week with another fun-filled episode, here’s your clue:
See you next week. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thank you for listening.