The Trivia is coming! The Trivia is coming! This week, we’ve got Massachusetts Trivia. Thirty questions about one of the oldest states in the country and the birthplace of the American Revolution. Needless to say, there is a LOT of history to cover and we’re only skimming the surface of the state. If you’re a history nerd, feel free to check out the Extra Credit links below to get even more information about Massachusetts.
When you’re done with Massachusetts Trivia, take a few moments to leave us a review or feedback about this episode, other episodes, or the show in general. I love hearing your suggestions for what we should cover next. You’ve also got just a little more time for Podchaser’s Reviews4Good campaign. Get on it!
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Park the car in the yard, and let’s have some trivia.
Hey gang, this is episode 170 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this week, based on my terrible attempt at a Boston accent, is all about Massachusetts.
One of the earliest colonies and states, Massachusetts has a huge history as well as a number of famous people from there.
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover, so let’s get started with…
The Dorky Round
1. What is the capital of Massachusetts?
2. What Massachusetts football team holds the record for most Super Bowl appearances?
3. What Boston silversmith was immortalized for his Midnight Ride warning Americans that the British were coming?
4. The Mayflower Pilgrims founded what town in 1620?
5. What is the two-letter abbreviation for Massachusetts?
6. What is children's author and artist Theodor Geisel better known as?
7. What town was made famous (or infamous) for its witch trials during the 1600s?
8. Speaking of Salem, what Arthur Miller play tells the story of the panic?
9. What future US president was born in Brookline, MA in 1917?
10. What Bostonian, along with Ben Affleck, won an Oscar for Good Will Hunting's screenplay?
The Geeky Round
1. Of the four US presidents to be born in Massachusetts, which was the first?
2. Which Star Trek actor & director was born in Boston in 1931?
3. What woman was tried and acquitted of murdering her father and step-mother in 1892?
4. What Bostonian was a Minister to France & Sweden as well as the first Postmaster General in the US?
5. If you live in Boston, you're never more than 1.5 miles from what restaurant?
6. Massachusetts does not refer to itself as a state, but rather as a what?
7. What two states border Massachusetts to the South?
8. What large bay is formed by Massachusetts' 'hook'?
9. How would you spell the city of 'Wooster'?
10. What two towns were the sites of the first military engagements of the American Revolution?
The Nerdy Round
1. Of the four US presidents to be born in Massachusetts, which was the most recent?
2. What Civil War Colonel and leader of the Massachusetts 54th Regiment, was one of the main characters in the 1989 movie, Glory?
3. What is the official nickname of Massachusetts?
4. Born in Braintree, who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence?
5. What pre-Revolutionary War event was known as the 'Incident on King Street' in Great Britain?
6. What activist and botanist was born in Leominster in 1774?
7. A tank containing what exploded in Boston in 1919?
8. What two stars of the series, Friends, were born in Massachusetts?
9. On what island was then-Senator Ted Kennedy when he crashed his car, killing a 29-year-old woman?
10. What Massachusetts island is one of the earliest known deaf communities?
And that’s it for this week’s show. Massachusetts is crammed full of historical nuggets. I only scratched the surface here. I’ll see you back here for trivia, next week. Here’s a clue to tide you over.
What US state has the highest divorce rate?
For those that are familiar with the state, this one should be pretty easy to guess. I’ll see you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 170 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been provided by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Come say hi to me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.