We’re heading North! It’s rolling plains and beautiful wilderness as we tackle North Dakota Trivia this week. We’re tackling thirty questions about the state, its history, its geography, and a handful of famous people that are from there.
When you’re all done, please take a quick moment to leave us a review, especially on Podchaser since they’re having their Reviews4Good campaign. For every review you leave on Podchaser, they’ll donate 25 cents to World Central Kitchen and their Chefs For Ukraine project. Help you favorite podcasts and do some good. Win-Win!
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Hey everyone. Welcome to episode 168 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and our seemingly random path through the United States has taken us from Louisiana all the way up to North Dakota.
Like always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. I ask and you answer. We could try it the other way around, but you’ll have to shout really loud to make sure I can hear you.
When you’re done with North Dakota trivia, be sure to swing by the show’s website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com, to find links about the show, including other podcasts and videos you might like. I do this for all the episodes, so if you ever want to go deep, swing by.
That covers the opening, so let’s get going with the questions.
The Dorky Round
1. What state borders North Dakota to the West?
2. What state borders North Dakota to the East?
3. Born Norma Deloris Egstrom, what singer from North Dakota sang, 'He's a Tramp' from Disney's Lady & the Tramp?
4. What Kulm, ND native starred in the 70s TV drama, Police Woman?
5. Lewis & Clark picked up their native American guide in North Dakota. What was her name?
6. North Dakota became a state on the same day as what other US state?
7. What animal is featured on the 2006 US Quarter honoring North Dakota?
8. Though named after a North Dakota town, what 1996 Coen Brothers film actually spends most of its time in Minnesota?
9. Set in North Dakota, what 1993 horror-comedy starred Warwick Davis and was the feature debut of Jennifer Anniston?
10. Cara Mund won what national beauty pageant in 2018?
The Geeky Round
1. North Dakota is the only state with a National Park named after a US president. Which one?
2. What is the largest city in North Dakota?
3. What is the largest industry in North Dakota?
4. North Dakota is the leading producer of what sweet product?
5. What accordionist, band leader, and TV show host was born in Strasburg, North Dakota in 1903?
6. North Dakota has more of what type of building per capita than any other state?
7. David Henderson Houston founded what photography company in 1888?
8. The Red River, which separates Minnesota and North Dakota, runs in what direction?
9. What 1862 Act gave 160 acres of public land to citizens or future citizens?
10. At the time of its founding, and for decades afterward, what was the primary language of Strasburg, ND?
The Nerdy Round
1. What is the capital of North Dakota?
2. What two Canadian provinces border North Dakota?
3. Why is the Bank of North Dakota unique in the US?
4. What is the official state nickname for North Dakota?
5. The Garrison Dam turns what river into Lake Sakakawea?
6. What author of over 100 novels and short stories was born in Jamestown, ND in 1908?
7. North Dakota is sitting atop 25 billion tons of lignite. What is lignite more commonly known as?
8. In the Sioux language, what does Dakota mean?
9. What city, located in North Dakota, is the geographic center of the US?
10. Where does North Dakota rank in terms of population in the US?
And that’s it for this week’s show. North Dakota is on my to-do list. I’ve made it all the way up to South Dakota and parts of Montana. Some day, I’ll make it there. If you’re from North Dakota, send me a note and let me know what I “can’t miss” when I visit.
We’ll be back again next Wednesday for more fun. Here’s a clue to tide you over.
What state derives its name from a Native American word for ‘the land of many waters’?
Intriguing? Good luck sorting that one out.
This has been episode 168 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com. The theme music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.