All snuggled up in your Hobbit hole? Let’s get into some Hobbit Trivia for this week’s show. We covered The Lord of the Rings way, way back in Episode Four, so it’s high time we got to the original work by JRR Tolkien.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. Miss too many and there’s no second breakfast for you.
Also: 150 episodes! Seems like the episodes are just flying by.
There’s still time to check out the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Shop. Get something nice for the hobbit, elf, or dwarf in your life.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Are you snug in your Hobbit hole and ready for some trivia?
Hey gang, this is your host, Brian Rollins and it’s episode 150 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast. This week, we’re heading back to Middle-Earth for The Hobbit. We had a Lord of the Rings episode way, way back in Episode Four. If you haven’t listened to it, be sure to check it out. Same format as we have today.
When you’re done with today’s episode, be sure to leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser. We need those reviews to help get more listeners. I appreciate the help. That said, let’s start the show.
The Dorky Round
1. Who played young Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit films starting in 2012?
2. Who is the leader of the company of Dwarves that employ Bilbo?
3. What is the name of the dagger Bilbo obtains?
4. The Hobbit bears many similarities to what Anglo-Saxon epic poem?
5. What artifact is Thorin searching for inside the mountain?
6. By what day must the Company reach Lonely Mountain?
7. Glóin is the father of which member of Fellowship of the Ring?
8. What is the name of the dragon that displaces the dwarves?
9. What settlement was built after the destruction of Dale?
10. In what objects do the dwarves escape the wood elves?
The Geeky Round
1. What is the name of Bilbo's Hobbit-hole?
2. What was the name of the book that Bilbo wrote, chronicling his adventures?
3. Answer one of Bilbo's riddles: 'A box without hinges, key or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.'?
4. What is the name of the Lonely Mountain?
5. What actor and director voiced Gandalf in the 1977 animated adaptation of The Hobbit?
6. Who infamously sang the 1967 song, The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins?
7. What is the title of the first chapter of The Hobbit?
8. What is the name of the skin-changer that Bilbo and company meet on their journey?
9. What is the name of Gandalf's sword?
10. Which dwarves die during the Battle of the Five Armies?
The Nerdy Round
1. Tolkien wrote The Hobbit while he was a fellow at what university?
2. What are the names of Bilbo's parents?
3. How many riddles are asked during Bilbo and Gollum's 'Riddles in the Dark'?
4. Along with Gandalf, what dwarf visits Bilbo in Hobbiton, years after their adventures?
5. In what year was The Hobbit originally published?
6. Speaking of the 1937 edition, who illustrated the cover?
7. The Hobbit has been translated into over fifty languages, what was the most recently added language?
8. Following Thorin's death, who is named King Under the Mountain?
9. Tom, Bert, and William are the names of what characters in The Hobbit?
10. Which pair of brothers are the youngest of the thirteen dwarves?
And that’s it. Head back to Hobbiton with your spoils and relax. Next week, we’ll be back with our first of two holiday shows. Here’s a hint for what to expect:
“Once in Royal David’s City, Good King Wenceslas, and What Child Is This are all examples of what type of song?”
Don’t worry, I won’t be singing. I hope to see you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 150 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Show notes and transcripts can be found at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.