We are kicking off October with some Horror-themed episodes. This week, we’re covering Dean Koontz Trivia. That’s right, an entire episode dedicated to the life and works of Mr. Koontz. Buckle up and get ready for thirty trivia questions from the prolific author.
When you’re done with Dean Koontz Trivia, please listen in to some other episodes and (if you haven’t already) subscribe to get all the latest episodes.
We could also use your feedback. Let us know down at the bottom how you liked the show. Additionally, we need your reviews on iTunes and Podchaser. Take a few minutes and help us out. Thanks!
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
It’s October and that means it’s time for something scary. And I mean something other than what’s going outside our homes.
Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this is episode 141 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we’re starting off our Halloween episodes with one on that prolific writer, Dean Koontz.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. You’ve got 5 seconds to come up with an answer. If you’re playing with friends, just see who can shout out the answer fastest. If you need rules or score cards, visit the show’s website DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
I think that covers the preface, so let’s dive into the questions.
The Dorky Round
1. Which Koontz book was adapted into a 2013 movie starring the late Anton Yelchin?
2. Which Dean Koontz novel spawned four movies from 1990 to 1998?
3. Peter O'Toole, Ben Affleck, and Rose McGowan starred in what 1998 Koontz adaptation?
4. What was the first Koontz novel to hit the NY Times Bestseller list?
5. What Koontz novel was adapted into a 2013 movie starring Anton Yelchin?
6. What is Odd Thomas' supernatural ability?
7. Which Koontz series begins with The Silent Corner?
8. What Dean Koontz series began with Prodigal Son?
9. Like Stephen King, Koontz once worked as a what?
10. Dean Koontz' first film adaptation was what 1977 movie starring Julie Christie?
The Geeky Round
1. Of all of Koontz's series, which contains the most novels?
2. Koontz was president of what group from 1986 to 1987?
3. Starting in 2008, Thomas Odd began appearing in graphic novels. What was the title of the first one?
4. Starting in 2019, Koontz began producing what novella series for Amazon?
5. In Odd Thomas, what is Stormy's real first name?
6. Fans have been waiting since 1999 for the third book in what Koontz trilogy?
7. What book adaptation starred Jeff Goldblum, Alicia Silverstone, and Christine Lahti?
8. What novel was originally published as Darkness Comes?
9. What is the only novel published by Koontz in 2021?
10. What is the name of the seventh and final book in the Odd Thomas series?
The Nerdy Round
1. What is Koontz's middle name?
2. Koontz published the Black Cat Mysteries under what pen name?
3. What was Koontz's first published novel?
4. Koontz wrote a screenplay for what 1970s cop show?
5. Koontz withdrew from the production of what 2004 film?
6. Where was Dean Koontz born?
7. In Koontz's Frankenstein series, what is the name of the original creature?
8. What trilogy of novellas was republished as Darkest Desires?
9. Stephen Baldwin starred as both a mystery writer and his clone, an assassin, in what 1998 miniseries?
10. Before Scrubs, John C McGinley starred in what 1997 Koontz adaptation?
And that’s it for this week’s episode. I hope you had a good game. If not, well maybe it’s time to read a little more Dean Koontz. We’ll be back again next week with another Halloween episode. Here’s your clue:
What horror and paranormal author was born in New Orleans in 1941?
Are you seeing the pattern yet? I hope so. I hope to see you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 141 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. You can find us at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.