Update: When we launched this episode, we had no idea what kind of person Joss Whedon was behind the scenes. The folks at DGN 100% support those that have come forward and spoken out. That said, I’m leaving the episode up because the good work of those other folks that worked on Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, and The Avengers are talented people and we’re still fans of the material. With that ‘disclaimer’, enjoy the show.
Do you like snarky dialogue? If you do, we have got you covered. From Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Marvel’s The Avengers, we love the snappy wit and dialogue from the writers at Mutant Enemy Productions.
Our first “Quotable” episode debuts this week and it’s one of many, I hope. How well do you know the films and TV shows created by the team at Mutant Enemy Productions? Let’s find out.
After you’re done with Mutant Enemy Quotes Trivia, please take a moment to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast. It goes a long way to help promote the show to more listeners. And it makes you a big damn hero.
More Like This Episode
Let’s face it. Few things are as quotable as the films and TV shows created by Joss Whedon. They’re funny, silly, and sometimes just badass. This week’s episode is all about quotes from the Whedonverse.
Hi, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky, Geeky, Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week’s episode is a slightly different format. Instead of questions, I’ll be giving you quotes from TV shows created by or movies directed by Joss Whedon. Ten quotes per round. With three rounds total.
Each round will get harder. In round one, the Dorky round, you’ll have to give me the character that says it. Round two, the Geeky round, you must answer the character and the show or movie. Round three, the Nerdy round, you must answer the character, the show, and the episode.
If you’re the kind of person that wants some rules to play by, either solo or in a group, you can find some at dorkygeekynerdy.com/rules.
Now that the formalities are out of the way, I must ask: Are you a big damn hero? Let’s find out.
Name the character who said the quote.
5. “The human mind is like Van Halen. If you just pull out one piece and keep replacing it, it just degenerates.”
6. “Well, as vampires go, you're pretty cuddly. Maybe you might want to think about mixing up the black-on-black a little, though.”
8. “Actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, design everything, make everyone look cooler.”
In this round, name the character and the show or movie.
3. “I remember everything. Sometimes I'm someone else and then I come back, but I still feel them. All of them. I've been many people. I can hear them, sometimes suddenly. I'm all of them, but none of them is me. Do you know who's real?”
Name the character, the show, and the episode. I will be bending the laws of physics to give you more time in this round.
4. “Sure, it's humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. Guess I'm just a good man. Well, I'm all right.”
5. “My entire existence was constructed by a sociopath in a sweater vest, what do you suggest I do?”
6. “I don't understand. I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean I knew her, and then she's, there's just a body, and I don't understand why she can't just get back in it and not be dead anymore.”
8. “Okay, so he survived an unspeakable hell dimension -- I mean, who hasn't? But you can't just leave him all alone on the streets of Los Angeles!”
Well, that’s a wrap on our first Quotable episode. You’ll hear these from time to time. If you have a suggestion for a topic, quotable or otherwise, hit us up at dorkygeekynerdy.com. You can find links to follow us on social media or just send us a message. You can also subscribe to the podcast or newsletter to stay up-to-date on episodes.
I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Keep flying and thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2024 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.