It’s episode 42 and we’d be dumber than a Vogon to pass on the chance to do a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy episode! Are you ready for some Hitchhiker’s Guide trivia? I know I am.
A classic of comedy and science fiction, the series has stood the test of time and been enjoyed by several generations now.
Thanks for joining us for forty-two episodes. It’s been a great ride so far. If you’re enjoying the show, please leave us a five-star review on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to us. We’d like to keep going and provide more stuff like Hitchhiker’s Guide trivia in the future. More listeners is a huge help.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Do you know where your towel is?
Hey there fellow travellers, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Of course, we had to have an episode of the venerable classic.
If you’re new, welcome aboard. For those of you that have hitchhiked with us before, you know the drill. Thirty questions broken up into three rounds. If you need a guide, you can visit DorkyGeekyNerdy.com/rules for some help.
OK, you Hoopy Froods, stick out your thumbs and let’s get off this rock.
The Dorky Round
1. The Starship Heart of Gold is powered by what fantastic device?
2. What is 'Big. Really big. You can't begin to imagine how big (this) is'?
3. What is the answer to the ultimate question of Life, The Universe, and Everything?
4. What was the last message from the dolphins before they left Earth?
5. What was Trillian's full name?
6. After its revision by Ford Prefect, what was Earth described as being in the Guide?
7. The Vogans wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own mothers from what creature?
8. What is written on the Guide's cover, in large, friendly letters?
9. Marvin has a chronic pain located where?
10. What was the name of the computer on board the Starship Heart of Gold?
The Geeky Round
1. Drinking what is like 'having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick'?
2. Hitchhiker's Guide first appeared in what medium?
3. The radio show's theme music was performed by what American rock band?
4. What actor played Arthur Dent in both the radio and TV versions?
5. What creature is doomed to be killed over and over by Arthur Dent?
6. Who was the voice of The Book in the 2005 film and also the voice of the British Harry Potter audiobooks?
7. What prophet appears in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe?
8. Who is Arthur Dent's soulmate?
9. How do Arthur and Ford escape Lamuella?
10. What computational force was a major step up from the Infinite Improbability Drive?
Book of the Week
A quick break for the book of the week, so mix yourself a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and check out “Don’t Panic: Douglas Adams & The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Neil Gaiman.
In Don’t Panic, Gaiman celebrates everything Hitchhiker: the original radio play, the books, comics, video and computer games, films, television series, record albums, stage musicals, one-man shows, the Great One himself, and towels. And as Douglas Adams himself attested: “It’s all absolutely devastatingly true—except the bits that are lies.”
You can find this, or any other book of the week at dorkygeekynerdy.com/book. Finish that drink and let’s go.
The Nerdy Round
1. The TV series ran for how many episodes?
2. What philosopher uses the existence of the Babel Fish as proof of the non-existence of God?
3. What was the full name of Arthur Dent's daughter?
4. Who voiced Agrajag in the radio play?
5. According to the Guide, what is the key to flying?
6. What was the occupation of Gag Halfront?
7. The Ruler of the Universe keeps what as a pet?
8. After leaving Magrathea, who does Slartibartfast work for?
9. Who makes it his mission to insult every being in the universe, in alphabetical order?
10. What deity is worshipped by the people of Lamuella?
And we’re back on Earth. Or at least an Earth. I’m not sure which. Thanks for joining us for our 42nd episode. I hope you had fun.
Next week, we’re heading off into space again. Here’s your clue:
“Premiering on January 3, 1993, what Sci-Fi TV series featured an African-American lead and was a spin-off of a spin-off?”
It’s my personal favorite TV series, so I’m really looking forward to sharing it with you. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Have a nice cup of tea and thank you for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Kevin MacLeod
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.
2 thoughts on “42 | The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Trivia”
Who’s panicking? I’m not. I got em all right!
42! The answer to everything is 42, right?
Comments are closed.