We are the podcast that says NI! In honor of April Fool’s Day coming up, we’ve got thirty questions about the comedy troupe that gave us fits of laughter along with a few moments of “what the heck?” It’s Monty Python Trivia for this week’s episode of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast!
When you’re done with Monty Python Trivia, check out our other episodes (including Robin Williams and Weird Al). Also, be sure to subscribe (if you haven’t already). Share the podcast with your friends. And, best of all, leave us a review for others to see! Thanks and have a fun-filled April Fools Day!
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews & Support
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Saturday is April Fool’s Day and what a better bunch of fools than Monty Python.
Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is episode 218 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we’ve got Monty Python Trivia. Questions about the troupe, their sketches & movies, and more.
If you’re new, welcome to the show. If you need rules or scorecards, visit the show’s website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
That’s enough silliness, so let’s start the show.
The Dorky Round
- Nobody expects what historic event?
The Spanish Inquisition
- Which Python passed away from cancer in 1989?
- Michael Palin seeks out John Cleese to willingly have what type of conflict?
- What movie told us that “He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy.”
Life of Brian
- Who is the only member of the Pythons to appear in the Harry Potter films?
John Cleese. He played Nearly-Headless Nick
- The Pythons debuted with what TV show?
Monty Python’s Flying Circus
- The Pythons released what sketch-based movie in 1983?
The Meaning of Life
- What sketch about canned meat gave us the nickname for junk email?
- What was the first movie done by the Pythons?
And Now for Something Completely Different
- What Python musical debuted on Broadway in 2005?
The Geeky Round
- Cleese plays a bureaucrat inside a fictious ambulatory branch of the British Government in which sketch?
Ministry of Silly Walks
- In what song does the singer go shopping on Wednesdays and have buttered scones for tea?
The Lumberjack Song
- The subtitles to the opening of the Holy Grail warn about bites from what animal?
Moose. Mind you, moose bites can be very dangerous.
- Chapman and Cleese began working together at what university?
- Idle and Palin met and worked together at what university?
- Monty Python & the Holy Grail was shot mostly in what country?
- Sir Bedevere believes the world to be shaped like what fruit?
- Which sketch featured a “Norwegian Blue”?
- Who animated shorts for Monty Python’s Flying Circus?
- Life of Brian concludes with what “uplifting” number?
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
The Nerdy Round
- In Holy Grail, the French lob livestock at Arthur and his knights. This mirrors the real-lief siege of what French city?
- Who is credited as the writer for Spamalot?
- Terry Jones & John Cleese appeared in what 1989 comedy, directed by Terry Jones?
Erik the Viking
- Of the five writers in the troupe, who was the only one to work solo?
- Who asked to play God in The Meaning of Life?
Graham Chapman. Chapman was openly gay and frustrated that the Church of England refused to marry him and his partner, David Sherlock.
- What gang would spray paint the graffiti, “Make Tea Not Love”?
- Who starred as King Arthur in the original run of Spamalot on Broadway and West End?
- Who runs the infamous Cheese Shop?
- John Cleese dropped the first F-bomb on the BBC during the live broadcast of what?
Graham Chapman’s funeral (Warning: Language)
- Of the Pythons, who was born last?
And that’s it for Monty Python Trivia. Arguably among the most quoted and quotable comedians around, Monty Python is an influential part of my childhood, adolescence, and my adulthood.
What’s your favorite Monty Python moment? Share with the rest of us trivia nerds on Facebook and Twitter.
I’ll be back here next Wednesday with another trivia episode. Here’s a clue for you:
Who is the face of the bestselling videogame franchise of all time?
That’s right. Video game trivia. It kind of feels good to be back to these sorts of topics. See you again next week.
This has been episode 218 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The theme music was by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
This podcast was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. Come find out what else I’m working on at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening and always look on the bright side of life.
Copyright 2019-2024 by Brian Rollins
This podcast was released under a Creative Commons, Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives 4.0 International license. Permission denied for use in AI training.