Back to the East Coast (again) with Delaware Trivia this week. The state might be small, but it’s packed full of history and geography. Good luck and enjoy!
When you’re done testing your knowledge with Delaware Trivia, please take a quick moment to leave us a review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or anyplace else you might listen to the show!
Book of the Week
Under the hot summer sun, vacationers stroll the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk, chewing saltwater taffy and listening to the gulls’ raucous cackle. Few realize that under the sparkling water rests a graveyard. Horrific nor’easters, treacherous shoals and simple human error caused the demise of countless ships, giving birth to legends of treasure and terror. There is De Braak, rumored to hold millions of dollars in gold; the Mohawk, which burned like a torch in the Delaware Bay; and the vessels that fell victim to the Great White Hurricane, which froze dead men to the mast. Journey with local author Pam George as she deftly picks her way through the history of Delaware’s most intriguing and mysterious shipwrecks.
When you get the Book of the Week, you help keep the show running. Thank you.
We Need Your Reviews & Support
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
- Shipwrecks of the Delaware Coast: Pirates Squalls, & Treasure
- Saving Delaware History Podcast
- Delaware – The US Explained
- Top 10 Abandoned Places in Delaware
More Like This Episode
Let’s visit the East Coast one more time.
Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is Episode 179 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we’ve got three rounds of Delaware Trivia. It might be small, but it’s got history to spare seeing as it’s one of the original thirteen colonies.
As always, it’s a simple setup. I ask the questions, you guess the answers. Three rounds of ten questions each. If you need rules or score cards, check out our website DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
That covers the basic intro, so why don’t we start things off with…
The Dorky Round
2. What actress starred in The Karate Kid, Adventures in Babysitting, and the last two Back to the Future Movies?
The Geeky Round
8. What actor from Delaware starred in One Life to Live as well as the films Cruel Intentions and I Know What You Did Last Summer?
The Nerdy Round
6. Delaware has the largest population of what invertebrates? Hint: These creatures predate the dinosaurs.
And we are done with Delaware. Here’s a few extra facts about the state.
- It has the lowest mean elevation of any US state.
- It’s 46th in population with only one US representative.
- Bob Marley lived in Delaware for a time in the 1960s. His son Stephen was born there.
- We mentioned Cesar Rodney earlier. He cast the deciding vote on whether or not to declare independence from Britain. He famously rode 80 miles through wind and rain to make it to Philadelphia.
So, if you’re from Delaware, let me know what I must see whenever I get up there. We’ll have more trivia next week. Here’s a clue to tide you over:
What state is home to the oldest continuously run horse race in the world?
It’s not a tough teaser, I know. I hope to see you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 179 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. You can find out more about the show at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2024 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.