Dive into Maine Trivia for this week’s episode of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Podcast. From Bangor, to Portland, to Augusta, we’ve got the state covered. Thirty fun, informative questions about the Northern state, its geography, its history, and some of its famous residents.
When you’re all done with Maine Trivia this week, can I ask a favor? Please take a few minutes to leave us a review on whatever podcast directories you frequent. If you’re not sure what you use or want to help out across the board, see the links below.
I get a lot of positive feedback from listeners and I’d love to be able to share that with others. Thanks!
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
From the deep south to the far north. Or at least, as far North as the Contiguous United States goes.
Hey all. This is episode 165 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this week, we’re featuring the great state of Maine.
Are you ready for three rounds of ten questions each? Well, you better be, because you’re starting now.
The Dorky Round
1. What bestselling horror writer was born in Maine in 1947?
2. The Treaty of Paris in 1763 gave control of Maine over to the English from what other empire?
3. What author of 'The Courtship of Miles Standish' was born in Portland, ME in 1807?
4. What actress from the Twilight movies, Up in the Air, and Pitch Perfect was born in Maine in 1985?
5. Maine is home to only one National Park. Which one?
6. How many US states border Maine?
7. What is the state animal of Maine?
8. Maine has over 60 of what coastal structures? The oldest is in Cape Elizabeth.
9. Mainer's burned a shipment of British tea one year after what Massachusetts event?
10. What Charlotte's Web and Elements of Style author is buried in Brooklin, ME?
The Geeky Round
1. What Canadian province is East of Maine?
2. What is the capital of Maine?
3. Former President George Bush had his Summer home in what Maine town?
4. Freeport is home to what outdoor clothing company?
5. What Italian navigator led the English to land in Maine in 1607?
6. What actor was immortalized to Gen Xers with a fist pump at the end of The Breakfast Club?
7. Born in Bar Harbor, ME, who was Gerald Ford's Vice President?
8. We talked about New Brunswick, but Maine borders what other Canadian province?
9. When the United States was first formed, Maine was part of what state?
10. Maine became its own state as part of what agreement?
The Nerdy Round
1. At the age of 15, Chester Greenwood, a resident of Maine, patented what cold-weather gear in 1877?
2. What city is the Easternmost point in the United States?
3. Before Augusta, what was the temporary capital of Maine?
4. In order of admission to the US, where does Maine rank among other states?
5. Disney's Pete's Dragon takes place in what Maine fishing village?
6. What former Governor of Maine became Abraham Lincoln's first Vice President?
7. What director of over 100 films, including The Quiet Man and The Grapes of Wrath, was born in Cape Elizabeth?
8. What board game magnate and publisher was born in Vienna, ME in 1836?
9. What word appears at the top of the seal of Maine on its flag?
10. The oldest incorporated city in the US is located where?
And we are back. Cold? Yeah, it gets nippy up in Maine. It’s one of the states on my to-visit list. It looks beautiful and very different for a kid who grew up in the Western US.
We’ll be back again next week with thirty more trivia questions and their corresponding answers. Here’s a clue:
Which US State is the only one to be an independent republic?
It’s a big one, so be back here next Wednesday.
If you need more fun with trivia, please visit the show’s website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. You’ll find quizzes and our Podcast store. Get a Dorky Geeky Nerdy shirt, mug, or whatever.
This has been episode 165 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music was provided by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.