Let’s play a little game. Well, Monopoly is anything BUT a little game. Dorky Geeky Nerdy had a board game trivia episode way back in 2019, but it’s time to dive into various games in detail. Keep in mind, we’ll be talking about the classic, American version of the board game.
Let’s play a little game. Well, Monopoly is anything BUT a little game. Dorky Geeky Nerdy had a board game trivia episode way back in 2019, but it’s time to dive into various games in detail. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and let’s dive into Monopoly Trivia.
- What’s the most expensive property to buy in Monopoly?
- How many spaces are on a Monopoly board?
- What city inspired the properties of Monopoly?
a. Atlantic City, NJ
- What are the two utilities?
a. Electric Company & Water Works
- As of 1991, who makes Monopoly?
a. Hasbro. Prior to that, Parker Brothers made it.
- Statistically speaking, what space are you most likely to land on?
a. Illinois Ave
- What is the cheapest property on the board?
a. Mediterranean Ave
- Which color of properties contains only State-named streets?
a. Red. Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky Avenues.
- Of the four railroads, which is the only one that’s not named after a real railroad?
a. Short Line
- What are the two types of cards you can draw for random rewards or penalties?
a. Chance and Community Chest
Did you win? I know a lot of folks have a love/hate relationship with the game. It can be rough and friendship-ending. But it does teach you some…useful…skills. Let me know on social media or Spotify what your favorite token to use in Monopoly. We have a National Parks Monopoly board with various parks as the properties. If you too use a “themed” Monopoly board, what’s your choice?
This has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. You can find out more about the show at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
The music is by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
The show was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. Come find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.