Between the turbulent 60’s and Reagan-era 80’s, sat the 1970’s. A period of transition. For this week’s Quotable episode, we’re offering a new spin. Each round will be from a different area of the 1970’s. That’s it, 70s quotes trivia.
For round one will be movie quotes. Round two, TV show quotes. Round three will be real-world quotes from world leaders, celebrities, and so on.
Pretty simple, right?
After you’re done with 70s Quotes Trivia, please take a few seconds to fill out the two question feedback we have at the bottom of this page. Each time you do, we get better data on how difficult these questions are and whether or not you’re enjoying the topic.
We’d also love to see you on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. Follow us there for more trivia fun, games, contests, and discussion. Share your favorite episode or share a funny tale of a really goofed up answer. We won’t judge, we’ve all been there.
Extra Credit Podcasts
More Like This Episode
We have loads of Quotables episodes, so take your pick. These make for great party games (both in person and via video chat).
Ah, the 1970’s. When oil prices skyrocketed and a US President resigned for the first time. Definitely a turbulent decade.
Hey gang, this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m host, Brian Rollins. This week, it’s another quotables episode, this time all about quotes from 1970’s.
This time, we’re breaking up the categories in a slightly different way than we did for the 1980s. Round one, the Dorky Round, will be quotes from 1970s movies. You just have to name the movie.
The next round, the Geeky Round, will be quotes from TV shows that aired during the 1970s.
The final round will be quotes from real people in the 1970s, world leaders, actors, musicians, and so forth. You have to give me who said it.
I think that covers it, so let’s get this convoy moving.
The Dorky Round
These are quotes from movies.
2. “Back home, we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!”
9. “Dear God. You made many, many poor people. I realize, of course, it's no shame to be poor. But it's no great honor, either.”
10. “It's all so pointless, Gayle. I mean, I know perfectly well what's wrong with me. Gayle, I think I'm pregnant.”
The Geeky Round
These are quotes from TV shows.
3. “Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!”
6. “You make each day a special day. You know how, by just your being you. There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.”
7. “Bad days happen to everyone, but when one happens to you, just keep doing your best and never let a bad day make you feel bad about yourself.”
8. “We are poor, and poor is one of three things people don't want to be. Right next to sick, and dead.”
10. “Keith, that's the meanest, rottenest and dirtiest trick anyone can play on his sister. No wonder you're my idol.”
The Nerdy Round
These are quotes from real people during the 1970’s.
4. “We're a very expensive group; we break a lot of rules. It's unheard of to combine opera with a rock theme, my dear.”
And that’s it for this week. We’ll be back again next Wednesday for more trivia fun. Speaking of which, here’s your clue for next week’s episode:
“What decade gave us Labyrinth, Ladyhawke, and Legend?”
This has been episode 97 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast. Just a few more weeks until we hit 100. I’m very excited and hope you’ll be with us for our milestone show.
I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2021 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered.Follow the show: