Fire up the TV, pop the popcorn, and snuggle up with your loved ones, it’s movie trivia time. Specifically, it’s time for Christmas Movie Trivia.
We all have a favorite Holiday movie and we’ve got thirty quotes from the best movies and specials from the distant past and some more recently. Did we include your favorite? If not, share it and maybe it’ll make it into an episode in the future.
If you haven’t subscribed to the show yet, please take a moment to do so. You don’t want to miss our Christmas Day episode and if you’re subscribed, it’ll drop right onto your podcast app of choice. That’s it for Christmas Movie Trivia.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Quotable Christmas Movie Trivia – Episode Transcript
Fire up the TV, it’s time to binge some holiday classics.
How’s it going gang. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast. Every week, we offer up thirty questions on a geeky topic. This week is our second of three holiday episodes and it’s a quotable episode. We’ll give you the quote and you have to guess what it comes from. Obviously, all the quotes will be coming from Christmas movies, both classic and recent.
If you’re new, welcome to the show. You can play along with friends at your holiday party or solo, if you choose. You can find out more about the show, including rules for playing at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. Be sure to share the episode with your friends and, if you’re not already, please subscribe to the show.
OK, the previews are done, let’s start the show.
The Dorky Round
3. I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.
6. 'Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems in a place perhaps you've seen in your dreams. For the story you're about to be told began with the holiday worlds of auld. Now you've probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven't, I'd say it's time you begun.
7. I want the Turbo Man action figure with the arms and legs that move and the boomerang shooter and his rock'n roller jet pack and the realistic voice activator that says five different phrases including, 'It's Turbo time!' Accessories sold separately; batteries not included.
8. Ha-yuk, yup!… Er, no, no! I was wrong. And so, as punishment, I'm forced to carry these heavy chains for eternity! Maybe even longer.
The Geeky Round
5. The thing about trains… it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on.
6. Oh, Eddie… If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.
8. I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that's forty-five minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something.
9. I hate toys! And toys hate me! Either they are going or I am going! And I am certainly not going, Grimsley.
The Nerdy Round
3. I wasn't sleeping, chief. It's just that I haven't been able to sleep these last few months. I forgot how. So I was just practicing.
4. You say you hate Washington's Birthday or Thanksgiving and nobody cares, but you say you hate Christmas and people treat you like you're a leper.
5. You know, for quite a while now, every time I passed a cemetery, I felt as if I were apartment hunting.
6. You know, most people make the same mistake. The correct time at the pole is completely discretionary, because the poles are where all the time zones actually converge.
9. Hello, everybody. My name is Sylvester, Sylvester J. Goose. My friends call me Syl, or sometimes silly.
And that’s the end credits. I hope you enjoyed our latest quotable episode. We have more in past episodes and more to come in the future.
Speaking of the future, here’s your hint for the next episode and our last episode of 2019.
What novel and its various adaptations gave us the line, “God bless us, every one.”
I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Make sure you’ve been nice and not naughty and thanks for listening.