How do you celebrate the holidays? It turns out, there are many, many Christmas traditions around the world. This week, we dive into some of the more interesting and unique ones.
This the first of three holiday-themed episodes to wrap up the year. Stay warm and dive in!
Do you, your friends, and your family have an interesting Christmas Tradition? Share with your fellow listeners in the comments below or send us a Tweet with your festive ideas. One of the most fun things I’ve found over the years is experiencing other peoples’ and cultures traditions.
When you’re done with Christmas traditions trivia, drop up some feedback using the short survey below. We could also use your rating and review on iTunes, Spotify, or Google Podcasts. We are trying to spread the joy of trivia around the world, so spare us a few minutes of time to help other know about how much fun we’re having over here.
Your clue for next week’s show:
“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
It’s that time of year again.
Happy holidays everyone. I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is the Dorky Geeky Nerdy trivia podcast. We’re kicking off the end of the year episodes with some holiday-themed episodes. This week, we’re diving into Christmas Traditions around the world. I have to admit, I learned a lot researching this one and I hope you enjoy it.
If you need scoring rules for playing along, check out DorkyGeekyNerdy.com/rules. You can play solo or with a group a friends. Perhaps around a roaring fire with some egg nog.
Without any further ado, let’s start the game.
The Dorky Round
1. In many Christian faiths, particularly Catholicism, what is the season starting four Sundays before Christmas?
10. People in what country exchange books on Christmas Eve and then spend the evening reading them and eating chocolate?
The Geeky Round
2. In the UK, the tradition of opening the Alms box and distributing money to the poor was done on what day?
3. In what country would you find the Grand Market running from 6pm on Christmas Eve into Christmas morning?
The Nerdy Round
4. In Iceland, what is the name for the 13 troll-like characters that come out to play before Christmas?
And that’s our show this week. I hope you had some fun and learned something new. We’ll be back next week for another holiday episode. Here’s your clue.
I think you’ll enjoy the show next week. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Stay warm and thanks for listening.