Get your dice warmed up and your character sheet ready, because it’s time for Dungeons and Dragons Trivia on this week’s episode of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Thirty questions about the venerable roleplaying game including its history and some of the terms behind the game.
When you’re done with Dungeons and Dragons Trivia, take a listen to other episodes or leave us a review on Spotify or Apple Podcasts. We need your help in growing the show. Thanks!
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
- Critical Role Podcast
- The Glass Cannon Podcast
- A Brief History of Dungeons & Dragons – Smithsonian
- The History of The Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon
- The Complete D&D Cartoon on YouTube
More Like This Episode
Get your dice ready and character sheet prepped because it’s game time.
Greeting adventures, I’m your host Brian Rollins and this is episode 222 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. For this week’s topic, we’ve got Dungeons and Dragons Trivia. That’s right, that classic roleplaying game from the 1970s that is still a big hit to this day. And, with the new movie in theaters, what better time to tackle the subject?
If you’re a new listener, welcome to the party. Every week, DGN has a new topic and thirty trivia questions. I ask and you answer. It’s like your own private Jeopardy game without that contestant interview in the middle.
If you want to learn more about the show, check out DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
That’s about all I have for the intro, so let’s start things off with…
The Dorky Round
- D&D was first published by what company?
- In D&D, what is the name of the player who runs the game session?
The Dungeon Master or DM
- Who currently publishes Dungeons & Dragons?
Wizards of the Coast
- What 2016 Netflix series repopularized D&D?
- In D&D, the evil versions of what are chromatic and the good versions are metallic?
- Who plays Edgin in the recent Honor Among Thieves film?
- BioWare released what D&D video game in 1998?
- What is the most popular campaign setting for D&D?
- What does XP stand for?
- What D&D race is based on Tolkien’s Hobbits?
The Geeky Round
- The game was split into what two titles starting in 1977?
Basic and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons
- What pair is credited with creating Dungeons & Dragons?
Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson
- As of 2023, D&D is up to which edition?
5th Edition. It was released in 2014
- What Oscar, Tony, and Emmy winning actor starred in the 2000 film, Dungeons & Dragons?
- What is NPC short for?
- What duo created the Dragonlance series of D&D Novels?
Margret Weis & Tracey Hickman
- What author had a hit with the Icewind Dale trilogy starting in the late 1980s?
R. A. Salvatore
- What was the first D&D PC video game?
Pool of Radiance. It was released in 1988.
- What multiplayer D&D game ran through AOL from 1991 to 1997?
- Which D&D campaign setting is based on gothic horror novels of the 19th century?
The Nerdy Round
- What 1982 Sci-Fi movie begins with a group of teens playing D&D?
ET The Extra-Terrestrial
- The Dungeons & Dragons cartoon debuted in which year?
- In which campaign setting would you adventure in “Wildspace”?
- D&D was inducted into which Hall of Fame in 2016?
The National Toy Hall of Fame
- How many theatrically released D&D films have there been?
Two. While others have been released direct to video, only the 2000 and 2023 films made it to theaters.
- What game setting was added after 11,000 submissions in 2002’s Fantasy Setting Search?
- What was the initial budget for the original D&D game?
$2000. Only $100 was spent on artwork.
- For the last several versions, what are the three core rulebooks?
The Player’s Handbook, The Dungeon Master’s Guide, and the Monster Manual
- What animated D&D film was released to video in 2008?
Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight
- Which D&D campaign setting was inspired by the Dune and Barsoom series and was set on the world of Athas?
And that’s all the questions I have for Dungeons and Dragons trivia. I used to play way back when and (someday) I’ll get back to it. If you do play, reach out to me on Facebook or Twitter and let me know what class and race you prefer. I always felt I needed to play a cleric of some kind to keep the players patched up and on their feet.
I’ll be back here next week with another episode and another thirty questions. Here’s a hint as to the topic:
What superhero team first appeared in Marvel Super-Heroes #18 in 1969?
So many superheroes. So little time. See you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 222 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The theme music is by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
This podcast is written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. You can find out what else I’m working on, including various audiobook projects at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening and here’s to hoping you roll nothing but 20s all week.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.