Yo Joe! It’s time for more toy trivia, specifically GI Joe Trivia. So, get your action figures out, clear some space on your bedroom floor and let’s get playing!
All finished with GI Joe Trivia? Please take a quick moment to fill out the quick two-question survey located at the bottom of this page. It’s a huge help in getting us feedback (and it’s anonymous). Also, a review on Spotify, Apple, or Google Podcasts would not go amiss. Thank you!
Get Dorkier, Geekier, & Nerdier
- Leave us a review
- Extra Credit podcasts and videos
- More episodes like this one
- Previous episodes
- Episode transcript
- Episode feedback
We Need Your Reviews & Support
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Yo Joe! It’s time for some Toy Trivia.
Hey troops, I’m your host Brian Rollins and this is Episode 217 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia podcast. This week, we’ve got GI Joe Trivia. It’s a toy line that’s been around for decades and what HUGE when I was a kid in 1980s. Let’s see how well you know it’s history and mythology.
Live always, we’ve got three rounds of ten questions each. Each round gets harder, so prepare yourself. When you’re done, please take a second to drop us a review on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get to the show.
OK, that’s the briefing soldiers, time to hit the trivia.
The Dorky Round
- GI Joe was subtitled what, starting in 1982?
A Real American Hero
- The term “GI Joe” was popularized during which war?
World War 2. The GI stands for either Government Issue or Ground Infantry
- What is the name of the mute but deadly hand-to-hand combat expert for the Joes?
- What is the title of the first live action GI Joe movie?
GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra
- What villainous character wears a mask made of Beryllium Steel?
- GI Joe was scaled down to 3.75 inches due to the popularity of what 1970s toy?
Kenner’s Star Wars action figures
- Starting in 1982, who was GI Joe’s nemesis?
- As of 2023, how many live-action GI Joe movies have there been?
- Which Joe leader was scripted to die in the animated GI Joe movie?
Duke. Due to poor reactions from Optimus Prime’s death in the Transformers Movie, Duke’s fate was changed to being in a coma.
- Finish the phrase, “And now you know…”
And knowing is half the battle
The Geeky Round
- Chris Latta voiced Starscream in Transformers and what villainous leader on GI Joe?
- Who voiced Golobulus in GI Joe: The Movie?
- Cobra was ruled by what genetically engineered emperor?
- What twin brothers run Extensive Enterprises as a front for Cobra?
Tomax and Xamot
- What series, starting in 2010, had the Joes on the run for a crime they didn’t commit?
GI Joe: Renegades
- How tall were the original GI Joe toys?
12 Inches (30 cm)
- What military conflict led to a severe decline in the popularity of GI Joe toys?
The Vietnam War
- What action star played Roadblock in GI Joe Retaliation?
- What was the name of the massive aircraft carrier playset for the Joes?
The USS Flagg
- Who played General Hawk in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra?
The Nerdy Round
- Anastasia Cisarovna is better known by what nickname?
- What company published GI Joe comics from 2009 to 2022?
- Because people couldn’t be shown getting killed in the cartoon, what android was added to Cobra’s ranks in 1986?
- The GI Joe toy first debuted in what year?
- The Skystriker is a toy version of what real-world aircraft?
The F-14 Tomcat, made really famous by the movie Top Gun
- The Real American Heroes line was based on the idea of Fury Force by what comic book writer?
Larry Hama. Hama wrote the background cards for most of the 80s GI Joe characters.
- Marlon Wayans played which Joe in Rise of Cobra?
- During the height of the Vietnam War, GI Joe was rebranded as what?
- Destro runs an organization called MARS. What does MARS stand for?
Military Armaments Research Syndicate
- The animated GI Joe: The Movie was released direct to video in what year?
And that’s it for GI Joe trivia this week.
I played with GI Joe toys as a kid, but I don’t remember actually owning any. My dad, who spent a few years in the jungles of Vietnam during the 60s, steered me away from them. I had plenty of Transformers, Lego, and the like to keep me entertained.
For those of you really steeped in the lore, let me know on social media what your favorite Joe character was or is.
I’ll be back here next week with another episode. Something a little different. Here’s a clue for what to expect:
What comedy troupe, formed in the 1960s, was made up of 5 Brits and an American?
We’re coming up on April Fool’s Day and we could use a little laughter, right? I know I do. See you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 217 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast.
The theme music is by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
This podcast was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. You can find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com
Thanks for listening and now you know..
Copyright 2019-2024 by Brian Rollins
This podcast was released under a Creative Commons, Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives 4.0 International license. Permission denied for use in AI training.