Do you have a plan to score well on today’s episode? Well, good luck with this week’s show, Battlestar Galactica Reboot Trivia. We’re heading back to the days of 2004 before we had any idea of what this reboot of a 1970s show would look like. Have fun and see you again next week!
Update: I had the episode in the can when the news came in about the passing of Dean Stockwell, who played John Cavill on the show. Dean Stockwell had a wide and varied career with many roles we geeks would love from Dune to Quantum Leap. RIP, Mr. Stockwell. You will be missed.
A little side-note, the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Shop is now open! Get some merch from the show (and keep it going).
When you’re done with Battlestar Galactica Reboot Trivia, we need your feedback. Use the quick little form below to let us know what you thought of today’s show. There’s a similar form on every episode, so don’t be shy.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Do you have a plan on scoring well in today’s episode?
Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is episode one-hundred-forty-six of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we’re back to the Twelve Colonies for thirty trivia questions all about the Battlestar Galactica reboot that premiered in 2004.
If you need rules or score cards, visit the show’s website at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. While you’re there, you can also browse the show’s store. That’s right, you can now get Dorky Geeky Nerdy merchandise. Right now, there’s t-shirts, mouse pads, mugs, and more. I’ll be adding more to the store as time allows. But, if you’ve got a trivia fan in your life and the holidays are coming up, take a look.
That’s more than the usual preamble, so let’s get going with…
The Dorky Round
1. Who played Starbuck in the series?
2. What original series actor had a guest starring role on the reboot?
3. What is Apollo's real name?
4. The colonial capitol was located on what planet?
5. In addition to Vipers, what multipurpose ships are assigned to Galactica?
6. Who was the Executive Officer (or XO) for the Galactica?
7. Laura Roslin was written specifically for what actress?
8. In the middle of Season Two, the Galactica is joined by what other Battlestar?
9. Producers were initially hesitant about casting what model as the Cylon Six?
10. The twelve colonies are named after what astrological concept?
The Geeky Round
1. What is the name of Apollo's deceased brother?
2. In Season 2, the Colonial Anthem makes an appearance. What was that piece originally composed for?
3. What Deep Space Nine producer was the showrunner for the new Battlestar Galactica?
4. What bridge officer was executed along with Tom Zarek?
5. While most of the fleet used Mark VII Vipers, Galactica had what class of fighter?
6. The Viper pilot, Hotdog, was played by the son of what other Galactica actor?
7. What character was never intended to come back after being left on Caprica in the pilot?
8. Which Cylon was never seen on-screen?
9. Who was the original commander of the Pegasus?
10. What was the title of the three-part series finale?
The Nerdy Round
1. What is the registry number of the Galactica?
2. Who composed the music for the series?
3. What is the official name for the Colonies?
4. Prior to the Galactica, Adama was the commander of what Battlestar?
5. What was Adama's callsign while he was a pilot?
6. At the end of the first regular episode, 33, what was the name of the ship Apollo was ordered to destroy?
7. What international organization held a special symposium to discuss the themes of the series?
8. The Battlestar Pegasus' set was recycled from what failed 2004 series?
9. The original and the reboot both feature an episode with what title?
10. Though she didn't know it at the time, Katee Sackhoff was fighting what disease throughout the final season of the show?
And that’s the last question. So say we all.
We’ll be back again next week with thirty more trivia questions. Here’s a clue for what to expect.
What genre of movie and book is heavily derived from ancient myth and legend?
Confused? Don’t worry, all will be revealed next Wednesday. Join us back here, OK?
This has been episode 146 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.