Two years ago, we launched this weird little show and you’re all still listening! We’re not the top Trivia Podcast, but we’re still growing. Thanks to everyone that’s tuned in and a special thanks to everyone that’s helped share the show.
If you’re new here, welcome to the show. This is not our usual format. This week, for our two year anniversary, we’re selecting questions from past topics covered in the last year. This episode is also special as it has forty questions instead of our usual thirty. An extra 10 questions as my present to you for your support this last year in making us a great Trivia Podcast.
Starting with this episode, we have new music. This season’s theme music is Skinny Leonard by Jason Shaw. You can find Jason’s music at Audionautix.com. Grab some royalty free music for your podcast, video, or whatever.
We are also adding Episode Transcripts to each show. Newer shows are getting them immediately upon release and I’m slowly adding them to older shows. These will eventually replace the Quizzes. Hopefully you’ll like having them all in one place.
Hopefully, by the time we have our three-year anniversary, Covid-19 will be a distant, distant memory. Good luck and enjoy this week’s show.
Get a free audiobook! That’s right. This week, just send in your email address and what title you want, and poof, you get a free audiobook. From thrillers, to mystery, to YA, we’ve got a book for you.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
A shout out to some of the other great trivia podcasts out there!
More Like This Episode
If you liked this show, then you’re going to like just about everything we did in Season Two. Check out all our past shows with the link below.
Blow out the candles and make a wish, because the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast is turning two years old. Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and I can’t believe it’s been two years. To everyone that’s been with us for the last year, thanks for your support. This time last year we were just starting to get worried about Covid-19 here in the US. Hopefully when we do this again next year, it’ll all be a bad memory.
I know this last year has been long, but doing this show has helped me. It’s kept me busy and it’s let me interact with new people. I hope it’s helped break up the tedium in your lives.
So, it’s a new season of the show. We’re not changing much, just the theme music. Like last year’s theme, it’s by Jason Shaw at Audionautix. The music is called Skinny Leonard. We’ll be using it all season. If you need royalty free music for your projects, head over to Audionautix.com and let Jason know who sent you.
Everything else stays the same. Still three rounds of ten questions each. A Dorky Round, a Geeky Round, and a Nerdy Round. Though this week, we’re adding in a fourth round. That’s right, this week’s episode has the Freaky round, a bonus ten questions that are extra-hard.
If you want to learn more about the podcast, visit us at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. I think that covers things, so let’s get this show on the road with…
The Dorky Round
2. Clark Gable threatened to boycott the premiere of what movie, when he found out Hattie McDaniel would not be allowed to attend?
5. What actress was a regular in Mel Brooks movies, including her roles as Nurse Diesel in High Anxiety and Madame Defarge in History of the World: Part I?
The Geeky Round
1. Annette O'Toole played Martha Kent in Smallville. She first started in the Superman universe in what film?
4. During Careers Advice with Profs. McGonagal and Umbridge, what does Harry Potter say he wants his career to be?
7. What is the only Star Trek series where the cast is listed in alphabetical order in the opening credits?
9. What real world town has a sign proclaiming it to be the future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk?
10. According to the movie, Casino Royale, how many kills does it take to earn your Double-O status?
The Nerdy Round
3. At the end of the book version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, what does Harry do with the Elder Wand?
5. What iconic Buffy the Vampire Slayer costume piece cost $2000 and was then run over by a truck several times to distress it?
The Freaky Round
1. What 1997 movie is made up of two short stories, one by Stephen King and the other by Clive Barker?
6. Stanislaw Lem complained about what 1972 adaptation of his novel, saying he did not write about people's 'erotic problems in space.'
And that’s it for this week. I hope you enjoy Season Three as much, if not more than, the last two seasons. I’m really proud of the show and I’m looking for ways to grow our listenership. If you can, please share the show with your friends or leave us a review. Anything helps.
I’m contemplating adding a Patreon page that will provide bonus content to patrons of the show. Let me know if you’re interested in bonus content and what you’d like. More episodes? Cool swag? Let me know at dorkygeekynerdy.com.
We’ll be back again next week with another show. Here’s your clue:
“Allan Kroeker, Jonathon Frakes, and Michael Rymer are all mostly known for directing what genre of TV show?”
See you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 109 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Thanks for listening for the past two years.
Copyright 2019-2021 by Brian Rollins. All rights reserved. Content may not be reprinted without the owner’s permission. Episodes may be redistributed (for free) as long as they are kept intact with no editing.Follow the show: