Would you like to play a nice game of chess? Well, today we’ve got Chess Trivia for a mini episode of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I love chess and thought a quick ten-question round of trivia questions might tickle your fancy.
Want to become a patron of the show and skip all the ads? Then head over to Patreon and sign up!
Grab your board and your pieces, because it’s time for Chess Trivia. For our latest bonus mini episode, I’ve got 10 quick trivia questions about the game. I had a full episode about classic board games way back at the start of Season One, so check that out if you want more.
But today, we’re focusing on chess, so let’s begin.
- Which piece can move forward one square at a time, except on its first move?
a. A pawn. On its first move, it can move two spaces forward.
- What piece starts in each of the four corners of the board?
a. The rook
- What piece can move diagonally (and only diagonally) for as many squares as it wants to?
a. The bishop
- How many spaces are on a chess board?
a. The board is 8×8, so 64 spaces total.
- What word is said when one player defeats another in chess?
- What is it called when neither player can win a chess match?
- How many different types of pieces are there?
a. There are six different types of pieces in chess.
- How many total pieces are there in a complete chess set?
a. Thirty-two pieces total
- How many squares at a time can a king move?
a. Unless castling, he can only move one square at a time.
- What piece combines the moves of both a rook and a bishop?
a. The queen
And that’s it. I love a nice game of chess. Anyone else? Let me know on Spotify what your favorite chess piece is or, if it’s not your game, what your favorite board game is. We might feature it in a future episode.
This has been the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. You can find out more about the show at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. If you want to help support the show, become a patron at Patreon.com/dorkygeekynerdy.
The music is by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com.
The show was written, produced, and hosted by me, Brian Rollins. Come find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2024 by Brian Rollins
This podcast was released under a Creative Commons, Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives 4.0 International license. Permission denied for use in AI training.