Here we go to Ohio! Ohio Trivia is the subject of this week’s episode of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Like always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. How well do you know Ohio, its history, and the many famous people that have been born there?
Let’s find out, shall we?
When you’re all done with Ohio Trivia, check out our 174 other shows, including a bunch of states we’ve already covered. We’ll cover all of them before Season Four ends in February 2023. So much fun to be had. Teachers, please let me know if you’re using the show as a resource. I’d love to hear your feedback. If you’re a teacher and you need this as a free resource, you totally have my permission to use this in the classroom. I keep all the content clean (rated PG) for just that reason.
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
This is episode 175 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this week, we’ve got a new episode and it’s all about Ohio, its history, and some of the famous people from there.
If you’re new, welcome. We offer up thirty trivia questions broken up in three rounds of ten questions each. I ask and you answer. Simple and straightforward.
That covers everything you need to know to play, so let’s get started with the show.
The Dorky Round
3. While their blimps are based out of Suffield, OH, what tire company has operated out of Akron since 1898?
5. What Four-time NBA champion was born in Akron, OH and began his career with the Cleveland Cavaliers?
6. Born in Point Pleasant, OH, who was the commanding general of the Union army at the close of the Civil War?
7. Born in Cadiz, OH, what actor was famous for his roles in Run Silent, Run Deep, It Happened One Night, and Gone with the Wind?
The Geeky Round
1. Born in Ohio in 1934, what cult leader's followers committed nine murders, including the killing of actress Sharon Tate?
5. What comedian showed his love for his home state and hometown by using 'Cleveland Rocks' as the theme song to his sitcom?
9. What university was the site of a shooting involving the Ohio national guard and four protesters in 1970?
The Nerdy Round
2. What general was made famous (or infamous) for his scorched earth tactics and his March to the Sea during the US Civil War?
4. Who is the only person to hold the position of President of the United States and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
6. What US President, from Blooming Grove, OH, would have his legacy tarnished by details exposed after his death, including the Teapot Dome scandal?
10. What actress, born in Cincinnati in 1966, has been a Bond girl, a Marvel hero, and DC character?
And we’re done with Ohio. I hope you had fun. Here are some bonus facts about the state:
- It’s the birthplace of seven US presidents. Only one other state has produced more.
- It’s the 17th state, but it was established retroactively in 1953 because Congress had failed to complete the formal process back in 1803.
- In terms of population, Ohio is the 7th largest state.
This is another state I have yet to visit. Ohioans, let me know what I need to see when I make it there.
We’ll be back again next week for more trivia fun. Here’s a clue to tide you over:
Of the US states with a coastline, which has the shortest?
I can almost hear you all pulling up Google Maps right now. Good luck. I’ll see you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 175 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Come say hi to me on social media or TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
And, as always, thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2022 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered.Follow the show: