Here we go to Ohio! Ohio Trivia is the subject of this week’s episode of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. Like always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. How well do you know Ohio, its history, and the many famous people that have been born there?
Let’s find out, shall we?
When you’re all done with Ohio Trivia, check out our 174 other shows, including a bunch of states we’ve already covered. We’ll cover all of them before Season Four ends in February 2023. So much fun to be had. Teachers, please let me know if you’re using the show as a resource. I’d love to hear your feedback. If you’re a teacher and you need this as a free resource, you totally have my permission to use this in the classroom. I keep all the content clean (rated PG) for just that reason.
We Need Your Reviews
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
This is episode 175 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. I’m your host, Brian Rollins, and this week, we’ve got a new episode and it’s all about Ohio, its history, and some of the famous people from there.
If you’re new, welcome. We offer up thirty trivia questions broken up in three rounds of ten questions each. I ask and you answer. Simple and straightforward.
If you need rules or scorecards, visit our website, DorkyGeekyNerdy.com and you’ll find some there. You’ll also find show notes, transcripts, and all 174 of our past shows.
That covers everything you need to know to play, so let’s get started with the show.
The Dorky Round
1. What Ohioan was the commander of the ill-fated Apollo 13 mission?
2. Born in Wapakoneta, OH, who was the first person to walk on the Moon?
3. While their blimps are based out of Suffield, OH, what tire company has operated out of Akron since 1898?
4. What state borders Ohio to the West?
5. What Four-time NBA champion was born in Akron, OH and began his career with the Cleveland Cavaliers?
6. Born in Point Pleasant, OH, who was the commanding general of the Union army at the close of the Civil War?
7. Born in Cadiz, OH, what actor was famous for his roles in Run Silent, Run Deep, It Happened One Night, and Gone with the Wind?
8. What aircraft is on the quarter honoring Ohio?
9. 50/50 chance on this one. Which of the two Wright Brothers was born in Ohio?
10. What author is famous for his Goosebumps books?
The Geeky Round
1. Born in Ohio in 1934, what cult leader's followers committed nine murders, including the killing of actress Sharon Tate?
2. What is the capital of Ohio?
3. What member of the Rat Pack was born in Steubenville, OH in 1917?
4. What athlete acted as both a player for and manager of the Cincinnati Reds from 1984 to 1986?
5. What comedian showed his love for his home state and hometown by using 'Cleveland Rocks' as the theme song to his sitcom?
6. What is the official state nickname for Ohio? Hint, it's also the state tree.
7. What body of water borders Ohio to the north?
8. What famous inventor was born in Milan, OH in 1847?
9. What university was the site of a shooting involving the Ohio national guard and four protesters in 1970?
10. What Ohioan has been nominated for 19 Oscars and began his career with the short film, Amblin'?
The Nerdy Round
1. What actor is the current voice of both Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger?
2. What general was made famous (or infamous) for his scorched earth tactics and his March to the Sea during the US Civil War?
3. Who was the 23rd president and the grandson of the 9th president?
4. Who is the only person to hold the position of President of the United States and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
5. What two Ohio-born presidents were assassinated in office?
6. What US President, from Blooming Grove, OH, would have his legacy tarnished by details exposed after his death, including the Teapot Dome scandal?
7. Born in Toledo, what feminist journalist and social activist co-founded Ms. Magazine?
8. The B in what president's name is short for Bichard?
9. What is distinctive about the Ohio state flag?
10. What actress, born in Cincinnati in 1966, has been a Bond girl, a Marvel hero, and DC character?
And we’re done with Ohio. I hope you had fun. Here are some bonus facts about the state:
- It’s the birthplace of seven US presidents. Only one other state has produced more.
- It’s the 17th state, but it was established retroactively in 1953 because Congress had failed to complete the formal process back in 1803.
- In terms of population, Ohio is the 7th largest state.
This is another state I have yet to visit. Ohioans, let me know what I need to see when I make it there.
We’ll be back again next week for more trivia fun. Here’s a clue to tide you over:
Of the US states with a coastline, which has the shortest?
I can almost hear you all pulling up Google Maps right now. Good luck. I’ll see you back here next Wednesday.
This has been episode 175 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix.com. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. Come say hi to me on social media or TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
And, as always, thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.