Grab that super-sugary cereal and let’s watch some cartoons. This week, we’re featuring 1970s Cartoon Trivia. You know ’em, you love ’em.
The 1970s represents the end of an era, of sorts. In the 1980s, cartoons would be forever changed as they became 30-minute long toy commercials. But hey, let’s enjoy this one, brief, shining moment before we dive into those, shall we?
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. Each round (The Dorky, Geeky, and Nerdy rounds, respectively) is harder than the one before it. You’ve got 5 seconds to come up with an answer. Simple and yet challenging. Think of us as your private Pub Trivia Night.
When you’re done with this week’s show about 1970s Cartoon Trivia, can you spare a couple of seconds to fill out our super short, two-question survey? It’s located down below and helps us balance the show’s fun with it’s challenge. Thanks!
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Grab a bowl of cereal and make sure you don’t wake your parents, because it’s time for some cartoons.
Hey gang, I’m your host, Brian Rollins and this is episode 126 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This week, we have those icons of Saturday Mornings, 1970s cartoons. Some are good and some are really bad. But they were good enough at the time. These cartoons were also the end of an era as the 1980s would bring us more toy-focus cartoons.
As always, it’s thirty questions in three rounds. A Dorky round, a Geeky round, and a Nerdy round. When we’re done, be sure to visit us at DorkyGeekyNerdy.com. From there, you’ll find more content, quizzes, and how to reach out to me on Social Media.
That covers the intro, so let’s get this show started, shall we?
The Dorky Round
1. Spiderman and his Amazing Friends was created as a competitor to what long-running DC animated series?
2. What 1970s educational series added a new episode in 2002 titled 'I'm Going to Send Your Vote to College'?
3. What 1970 show was remade as a movie in 2001 with Racheal Leigh Cook, Tara Reid, and Rosario Dawson?
7. What 1970 show was the first American cartoon to show a predominantly African-American cast of characters?
9. The Skipper became a redhead and Ginger became a blonde in what animated series running from 1974-77?
The Geeky Round
9. Hanna-Barbera rammed talking dogs, a racing speed buggy, and mystery-solving teens into what 1976 show?
10. Following the massive success of Star Wars, Filmation resurrected a 1930s comic book hero for what 1979 show?
The Nerdy Round
8. What animated canine show was so bad, the National Association of Broadcasters said, 'The manufacturers of this rubbish have incorporated violence, crime and stupidity into what is probably the worst show for children of the season.'?
And that’s it. Mom and Dad are up and telling you to get some chores done or get out of the house and play. Either way, I hope you had some fun this week. Next week, it’s a topical topic. Or at least I hope it’s topical.
What event’s motto is the Latin phrase, “Citius, Altius, Fortius”?
Covid-19 has made a mockery of my schedule, so let’s hope it’s still on. Either way, it’ll be fun.
Thanks for listening.
Copyright 2019-2021 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered.Follow the show: