Are you ready to rock? How about some 70s Band Trivia? This week, we give you three song titles from the 1970s, you just have to guess the band. Simple and yet not-so-simple. Just like we did for the 80s, you have to guess what band sang the songs.
Don’t worry, we’ll cover other decades in future episodes, so stay tuned.
When you’re done with today’s show, please take a moment to fill out our super short, two-question feedback below. It helps us shape future show topics and difficulties.
Extra Credit Podcasts & Videos
More Like This Episode
Try out some of our other Name That episodes. Can you name that:
Two music episodes in a row? That’s right, last week we enjoyed some Weird Al. This week, we are jamming to some 70’s tunes.
Hey gang, this is your host Brian Rollins and you are listening to the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. This is our second Name that Band episode. Last year, we covered the 80s. This week, it’s the 70s. How it works is I’ll give you three songs released in the 1970s, you tell me the band. The band in question might have had songs before or after the 70s, but we’re just focused on music from that decade. And remember, these are bands, not individual artists. So that might help you narrow it down.
As always, it’s three rounds of ten questions each. If you need rules or a score card, visit the site DorkyGeekyNerdy.com.
That about covers things, so let’s get on with…
The Dorky Round
1. Love You Inside Out, You Should Be Dancing, Night Fever
2. Beast of Burden, Ain't Too Proud to Beg, It's Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It)
3. Let it Be, Maggie Mae, Across the Universe
4. Desperado, Life in the Fast Lane, Take it to the Limit
5. Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama, Things Goin' On
6. Same Old Song and Dance, Walk This Way, Dream On
7. The Chain, Rhiannon, Dreams
8. Kashmir, Immigrant Song, Stairway to Heaven
9. Iron Man, War Pigs, Children of the Grave
10. Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, TNT
The Geeky Round
1. Rock and Roll All Nite, Black Diamond, Beth
2. Runnin' With the Devil, Eruption, You Really Got Me
3. 2112, Not Fade Away, Working Man
4. Slip Kid, The Seeker, The Real Me
5. 25 or 6 to 4, Make Me Smile, Saturday in the Park
6. More Than a Feeling, Rock n' Roll Band, Don't Look Back
7. Carry On Wayward Son, Dust in the Wind, People of the South Wind
8. Shining Star, Devotion, That's The Way of the World
9. Fearless, Another Brick in the Wall, Shine On You Crazy Diamond
10. Travelin Band, Lookin Out My Back Door, Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
The Nerdy Round
1. Liar, Father to Son, Death on Two Legs
2. Fly to the Rainbow, Dark Lady, Lovedrive
3. Squonk, The Knife, The Cinema Show
4. Black Betty, Keep Your Hands on the Wheel, Let It All Out
5. Hooked on a Feeling, Never My Love, Silly Milly
6. Evil Woman, Mr. Blue Sky, Turn to Stone
7. Runaway, Miracles, Play On Love
8. Get Up, Stand Up', I Shot the Sheriff, No Woman, No Cry
9. Smoke on the Water, Highway Star, Speed King
10. Midnight Rider, Revival, Mountain Jam
And that ends our mixtape. I hope you had fun. This is a lot of the music I grew up with good and bad. We’ll be back again next week for more fun. This time, no music questions and we’re heading back into comic books.
What Marvel superhero quartet served as partial inspiration for The Incredibles?
I know this one has been requested a few times, so I’ll do my level best to make it good.
This has been episode 115 of the Dorky Geeky Nerdy Trivia Podcast. The music has been by Jason Shaw at Audionautix. I’m your host, Brian Rollins. You can find me at TheVoicesInMyHead.com.
Thanks for listening.
Hosted & Written by Brian Rollins
Music by Jason Shaw
Copyright 2019-2023 by Brian Rollins
Permission granted to redistribute audio but only if left unaltered. Permission denied for use in AI training.